What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning All a truly, truly horrible 13.2 this morning, a bit too much alcohol methinks whilst watching the rugby and then treating my dog for respiratory distress, thankfully she's OK now. Just gonna chase the rainbow now and get it back under control.

Take care everyone

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hello all. Early morning for me -- little sleep and looking forward to a really long day at work. Blood sugars were 5.3 today.

@DJC3 -- I know exactly how you feel. I am sure there are a few others on this thread who also know the feeling. My experience has been that fbgs drop in stages and that you'll probably be seeing mostly 5s from now on.

@Ziggy2017 -- Have fun in Majorca.

@Prem51 -- Ziggy has actually been my nickname since I was a kid.
Thanks I will going on Wednesday can’t wait

Reactions: ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All a truly, truly horrible 13.2 this morning, a bit too much alcohol methinks whilst watching the rugby and then treating my dog for respiratory distress, thankfully she's OK now. Just gonna chase the rainbow now and get it back under control.

Take care everyone

Hope the day improves @johnpol and you and your dog can enjoy the sun. Glad you are both ok now.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
5.9 for me this morning.... not at all bad ... maybe a response to the very long Sunday lunch (Portugese style ) which started at 3.30 and ended around 9PM..... A fab sunny day here....enjoy it if you can....

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A day to give best wishes and congratulations. @Ziggy2017 hope all goes well today. @DJC3 hope you HbA1c reflects all the effort and thought you have put in. @Goonergal great numbers again so the walking seems to have righted the good ship gooner. @Mbaker you always quietly turn in stellar stats but I know how much work lies behind those numbers. Great to see a proven link between hard work and success.@geefull you just keep knocking it out the park and grass cutting is the new rock n roll - I'm on the case today and tomorrow:woot:

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apricots In A Tin, a story Follows reason!!!. Yogurt,
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you'd expect to be doing today, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

This morning at 07.40 hrs, my BGL's were 7.9, which is where they have been for the past four, or five days, prior to that they were in the eights and nines, for over a month. So my Low Carb Eating Plan is doing the job of keeping my BGL's, at a reasonable Level on a Daily Basis, which is great for me, but a tad high for most members, but as long as I'm putting in an Honest, 100% effort, then my Number's shall be what may, as the body has a mind of it's own, I can only supply what it needs to progress.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Take care everyone
You take care too john

Reactions: OrsonKartt