Just checked my BS and it's 9.8, hope it doesn't go any higher :rolleyes:

Reactions: kaylz91
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@Robinredbreast . Well the thread lives to fight another day. Together we can all make this work. A bit of everything today and we've inspired others.
7.7 I hope I go no lower.:).

7.7 is a good reading, I was 9.8 but I hope mine won't go higher, but not banking on it.
Yes a thread for all type 1's old, young, newly diagnosed, with advice, support and a laugh or two, as we certainly need it at times and some who are a bit long in the tooth too;) :p

Reactions: Dodo and zand

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Would you like to ruin my day :banghead: and say your crawl is with tumble turns too? :D:D them's green ones for envy!!

It's inspiring to read, but then I like swimming.

Can tumble turn but don’t as don’t want to upset my sensor any more than necessary!

Reactions: kev-w

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We’re actually out of tea bags so I’m having a big glass of water. 9.3. Going to bed shortly as a big trek at work tomorrow up Coomnadiha marking out a walking trail with orange posts. I’m taking 4 peanut butter sandwiches and hopefully no bolus apart from a small dose at breakfast. Hopefully no hypos tomorrow and a nice breeze to keep away the midge. Night all!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Can tumble turn but don’t as don’t want to upset my sensor any more than necessary!

I could never do the front crawl very well, I do the breast stroke. I have frozen shoulder's, so near impossible for me to even try to do the crawl again.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
We’re actually out of tea bags so I’m having a big glass of water. 9.3. Going to bed shortly as a big trek at work tomorrow up Coomnadiha marking out a walking trail with orange posts. I’m taking 4 peanut butter sandwiches and hopefully no bolus apart from a small dose at breakfast. Hopefully no hypos tomorrow and a nice breeze to keep away the midge. Night all!

Wow, that sounds so interesting and exciting too, I hope you have a great time and a safe one too, but running out of T bags :arghh::arghh::arghh:......that would be unheard of in my house. :bigtears:

Reactions: mountaintom

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Well I think all threads where you can chat and share worries or positive news are a great idea, I'd like to see more 'lurkers' join in too and giving everyone the chance to share their posts, we have so much to learn from each other.

My day consisted of work and doing a 'living well with diabetes' course new to our trust so it's a bit of a test, then gymnastics with daughter and this evening went for a bike ride starting at 6.8 and then 3.1 30 mins later, I hadn't turned the basal setting down on the pump and only realised as I was cycling much slower... as it was going dark I gulped 2 glucotabs and rode home which was just up the road fortunately, the joys of exercise !

Reactions: kaylz91 and kev-w
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well I think all threads where you can chat and share worries or positive news are a great idea, I'd like to see more 'lurkers' join in too and giving everyone the chance to share their posts, we have so much to learn from each other.

My day consisted of work and doing a 'living well with diabetes' course new to our trust so it's a bit of a test, then gymnastics with daughter and this evening went for a bike ride starting at 6.8 and then 3.1 30 mins later, I hadn't turned the basal setting down on the pump and only realised as I was cycling much slower... as it was going dark I gulped 2 glucotabs and rode home which was just up the road fortunately, the joys of exercise !

Hope you're feeling better now and your BS is up, you have been busy :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Ah thank you @Robinredbreast much better now at 7.7, just checking I am safe to sleep though as I may be shooting higher with a liver dump after that !