What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning.

My HbA1c is now 39 , down from 66 on diagnosis.
I joined this forum in Feb and eased myself into lchf over a few weeks of reading about it, I’m pleased as punch now and so relieved to find I can actually make a difference.

Oh DJC3 IM SO HAPPY FOR U. I hope my next one in Aug will match yours as our story/timeline is the same- great news well done sweetie- you are in control- how fab.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs @Jenniewren1958 @ziggy_w thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I’m still floating on cloud 9 and have a target in my mind of getting down to mid 30s by my next test in Sept.
ianp hang in there, I’m sure you will find that sweet spot again, you seem to me to be doing brilliantly and have iron willpower, so it’s just a matter of time till you bend it to your will.

Reactions: ziggy_w

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh DJC3 IM SO HAPPY FOR U. I hope my next one in Aug will match yours as our story/timeline is the same- great news well done sweetie- you are in control- how fab.

Thank you @flexi06

Yes our timeline is the same, and you’ve been doing so well so I’m sure you’ll have a great result. We can do this!

Reactions: flexi06 and ziggy_w

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good night all 6.9 tonight I’m thinking I should keep my BGs a little higher while in Majorca as that hypo,of 3.0 today has shaken me up a bit (I think I’m hypo unaware as I did a random check and had no hypo symptoms whatsoever) anyway have a nice nights sleep all while I’ll be headed towards the airport around 3am

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
6.2 this morning after a very light but somewhat late (8ish) supper.... The day here feels like its going to be a summers type event...Have a great day if you possibly can....

myoung43

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
smoking
My sugar level is now getting me down, for months ive always been between 6-8, but for the past couple of weeks ive been much higher..im now anything between 10- 13 most days, maybe its the new job ive been in and away from my family for weeks on end, but i shall persevere and get my right food intake back in line

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and to all Starwars fans " Live long and posper "

A 6.6 for me this morning, I'm happy with that.

Liver clinic for me today, I shall have to behave myself, but I feel my pals chaos mayhem may put an appearance in and complicate things hehehehe.

Have a good one folks.