What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, well I can't explain this mornings 15.7 at all, worked late home at 9pm had a light supper, and BS was 5.1 when I went to bed at 10:15pm. Today it seems to be "Lets give john the run-around and do whatever we want day" it's going to be a Loooong day chasing the rainbow of BS in single figures day!! Can I go back to bed I don't want to play, (as I reach for my test kit Again)

Take care everyone.

Reactions: philchap1 and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Summer took a day off but has returned after a day off - just in time for a sunny day at the Oval @Goonergal. My fbg was 4.8 today even after 60 hrs fasting. Original fast at the end of April produced a string of sub 4s. I wonder if there are diminishing returns from fasting? I also wonder if my tech has had a meeting and decided on having fun at my expense. All bg meter readings are off, pedometer was hung up on my shorts all night and resets @ midnight still read 34 steps and fitbit has given me sleep and wake times which are definitely not mine. So I have plenty of data but no idea of how I am doing as @dunelm would say SNAFU :angelic: @myoung43 I fully sympathise we may both be flying blind here!

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 this morning ***???
No idea what’s going on, yesterday was a model lchf day with lots of exercise. Oh well I’ll keep on truckin’

@alf_Josiah hope all goes well for you at the liver clinic.
@johnpol hope things calm down a bit for you today, sounds like a stressful start.
@ianpspurs my old prof quoted a law to me called ‘The Cussedness of Inanimate Matter’ and I’ve observed evidence of it in many forms - seems like your fitbit etc have succumbed. ( I think he may have made the law up, butneverthelessI’m sure it exists)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 this morning ***???
No idea what’s going on, yesterday was a model lchf day with lots of exercise. Oh well I’ll keep on truckin’
@ianpspurs[/USER] my old prof quoted a law to me called ‘The Cussedness of Inanimate Matter’ and I’ve observed evidence of it in many forms - seems like your fitbit etc have succumbed. ( I think he may have made the law up, butneverthelessI’m sure it exists)
@DJC3 Perfect time for a random high 3 months for it to drop out of the stats so its all gravy! My data now gives me a dilemma over which numbers to trust if any. I will just have to wait for the official bloods which I had planned on being this week so I may have to change any plans for father's day and birthday and put in another fast :banghead: Right now that old Wishbone Ash classic FUBB seems apt

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 Perfect time for a random high 3 months for it to drop out of the stats so its all gravy! My data now gives me a dilemma over which numbers to trust if any. I will just have to wait for the official bloods which I had planned on being this week so I may have to change any plans for father's day and birthday and put in another fast :banghead: Right now that old Wishbone Ash classic FUBB seems apt

Oh no! Don’t change your birthday and father’s day plans that’d be such a shame.
If you get the bloods done this week surely that’s good timing for a splurge at the weekend? Just like you said to me re my fbg.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs the sun has indeed come out at a very fortuitous time.

Not sure about diminishing returns from fasting, but my limited experience of longer than 24 hour fasts is that results were not substantially different from a short run of OMAD, which is easier to achieve. Hope you get the results your efforts deserve.

Agree with @DJC3 don’t change your birthday/ Father’s Day plans. They shouldn’t impact your bloods and those times with your family are important,

It’s also my Dad’s birthday this weekend so another joint birthday/Father’s Day event!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no! Don’t change your birthday and father’s day plans that’d be such a shame.
If you get the bloods done this week surely that’s good timing for a splurge at the weekend? Just like you said to me re my fbg.
@DJC3 Looking at my medical records 6 months from the last entries is exactly my birthday even though previous years were around 14th June. Actually, other family commitments make the weekend of 24th potentially better so it may workout well.
What with @JohnEGreen having an unexpected high number, your *** morning reading and my tech issues it reminded me of the old tv notice of interference - young'uns won't have had that pleasure

Reactions: flexi06

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs Not sure about diminishing returns from fasting, but my limited experience of longer than 24 hour fasts is that results were not substantially different from a short run of OMAD, which is easier to achieve.
@Goonergal That is very interesting and seems to link with the @Mbaker advice of elimination. Good luck with the MRI, happy birthday to your dad who has excellent timing of birthday - I share mine with a cousin. Also, you may see an England win as Bayliss and co know about one day even against Aussies

Reactions: JohnEGreen

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 Looking at my medical records 6 months from the last entries is exactly my birthday even though previous years were around 14th June. Actually, other family commitments make the weekend of 24th potentially better so it may workout well.
What with @JohnEGreen having an unexpected high number, your *** morning reading and my tech issues it reminded me of the old tv notice of interference - young'uns won't have had that pleasure

Must be something in the ether today.

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all 3.7 for me this morning. :happy: Low but feeling fine. Only 5.0gms carbs yesterday. :):smug: :singing: Need to do a thread re low BG, medication and low carbs, best forum group to put it in please? :happy:

Last edited: