Type 1'stars R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I actually spike more as the day goes on, but I am more actibe in the morning and then less late afternoon/evening. We are in the Type 1 club, but seem to have to adhere to different rules...... Being nosey, can I ask how much Insulin do you take for the ryvita's ?
I take 2and a half units for 4 ryvita with butter and cheese ihave changed to fiasp insulin from apidra for bolus which i find much better x

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I think i am mel i also have to take metformin with breakfast and tea because of it x
Are you MDI or pump? I’m hoping my newly splitting of my Tresiba will deal with my morning issues, or I may be looking at a pump.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Birdie is quiet and I really don't think the poor thing will survive, but will see how things are tomorrow. so goodnight all zzzzzzz, see you tomorrow :)

Reactions: karen8967

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Pancreas decided to function today...4.9 after breakfast so far I have eaten a packet of chips, a chocolate-coated chocolate ice cream and 3 juice boxes without bolusing. Put temp basal on -20%, annoying because I am without a dexcom sensor for the next few hours while it wakes up.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Birdie is quiet and I really don't think the poor thing will survive, but will see how things are tomorrow. so goodnight all zzzzzzz, see you tomorrow :)

Poor little Birdie! S/he is so cute, thanks for sharing the photo. I hope s/he makes it - is it possible to take it to a vet or get a wildlife rescue involved if its condition deteriorates?

Reactions: Fairygodmother

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you MDI or pump? I’m hoping my newly splitting of my Tresiba will deal with my morning issues, or I may be looking at a pump.
Im on mdi mel but my consultant has refered me to pump clinic but will probably wait for ages for apointment i take my tresiba at 10pm each night ive only been on it for 2 weeks although it better than lantus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning guys, went to bed on double figures last night, high! and woke up on 9.8, with a headache.
Looked at the bird and it's still alive, so on my way into town this morning I will take it to the vets, I think it will have to be put down.
Weather is dark, dull and breezy, a bit like this forum at times, but wishing you all a peaceful and a positive Thursday:)

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning guys, went to bed on double figures last night, high! and woke up on 9.8, with a headache.
Looked at the bird and it's still alive, so on my way into town this morning I will take it to the vets, I think it will have to be put down.
Weather is dark, dull and breezy, a bit like this forum at times, but wishing you all a peaceful and a positive Thursday:)

Pigeon is low carb.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@mountaintom. So, talking about porridge set me off fancying. Decided to have some and also experiment.
Made 50 carbs worth and injected 2 units. Then kept an eye on my Libre. It went up slightly, about a 1.5mmol rise and then stayed that way for TWO HOURS! The Libre then took a direct up arrow rise and I took the remaining 3 units. As I don’t have the time to clat like that in the morning and also have a higher insulin ratio before 2pm no wonder I had issues with high carbs at breakfast.
Just shows how porridge is a slow release food. By taking more insulin before consuming it to stop that inevitable rise, you are bound to go hypo later

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@mountaintom. So, talking about porridge set me off fancying. Decided to have some and also experiment.
Made 50 carbs worth and injected 2 units. Then kept an eye on my Libre. It went up slightly, about a 1.5mmol rise and then stayed that way for TWO HOURS! The Libre then took a direct up arrow rise and I took the remaining 3 units. As I don’t have the time to clat like that in the morning and also have a higher insulin ratio before 2pm no wonder I had issues with high carbs at breakfast.
Just shows how porridge is a slow release food. By taking more insulin before consuming it to stop that inevitable rise, you are bound to go hypo later

Awesome you did the experiment for me. Yes it must be because it’s slow release. Impossible to counteract would you say?

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's okay mountaintom, and good morning, what are you up to today ?

I’m taking daughter to school and then doing some gardening/maintenance down in the village. I’m not sure if I am going to have weetabix or porridge.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Im on mdi mel but my consultant has refered me to pump clinic but will probably wait for ages for apointment i take my tresiba at 10pm each night ive only been on it for 2 weeks although it better than lantus

I'm on MDI as well, a pump was talked about a few years back, but then I smashed my wrist up and complications set in, so I just put it to one side. Good to hear you are doing well on the tresiba

Reactions: karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I’m taking daughter to school and then doing some gardening/maintenance down in the village. I’m not sure if I am going to have weetabix or porridge.

Weetabix sounds good, happy memories for me :happy: I will probably have an Irish yogurt and 4 flavours to choose from :hungry: