Regular moderate exercise log

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well @ianpspurs, I’m with DJC3- I think it might be you that deserves the awe if there’s any going around - I am much more impressed by your efforts and exertions than my own. In fact this is why I’m here- to read inspirational stuff from you lot to “guilt” me in to getting of the couch - where I live to be lol- if I’m lazing I remember I’ve got to post on here and how embarrassing my efforts are with all of you lot gardening, static cycling, gyming and all sorts, and then u’ve all usually done a load of steps on top. I’m glad to be here and the fitter and lighter I get, the more I will do. And I’m grateful to learn form all your experiences too. I tip my hat (It’s glittery and sparkly) to you Ianp and all you active little beasts- I feel a bit of a fraud when any of you say anything nice about me lol xx

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I tip my hat (It’s glittery and sparkly) to you Ianp and all you active little beasts- I feel a bit of a fraud when any of you say anything nice about me lol xx[/USER]
:
Thanks @flexi06 but I think you have me confused with someone who is active and doing well:angelic: I just hung on grimly by not eating atm :bigtears:
You are dealing with plenty of issues and working - in one sense this is my job

Last edited:
Reactions: flexi06

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Only 5,100 today. I had the start of a dental implant treatment and you’re supposed to rest after to let it heal- that’s my excuse anyway lol, night all x

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Tonight's training was squats, 80kg tonight and as it was only my second time trying it in five years I'm happy . Need to work on my form, especially as I'm going to compete, hopefully in November this year, I'd better get going

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Only 5,100 today. I had the start of a dental implant treatment and you’re supposed to rest after to let it heal- that’s my excuse anyway lol, night all x

Ooh! Sounds horribly painful. Hope it goes well

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just 11k steps today, had a few appointments but not within walking distance so just had to squeeze dog walks in between.
20mins static cycling with 3x30 sec high resistance. This isnt getting any easier, I hoped it would.
Couple of minutes pretend skipping ( jumping around a bit with a rope tangled round my ankles)
Core exercises to follow, still cant lift a leg when plank- ing

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
20mins static cycling with 3x30 sec high resistance. This isnt getting any easier, I hoped it would.
@DJC3 What a star for continuing. Also. in theory working to your max should never get easier as max will just improve. no?
Idiots question for everyone from me but managing this condition is all about small margins. How do people best sequence eating and exercise to get best - lowest - numbers. Eat before exercise or exercise before eating? Thanks in anticipation.

JMcB

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@DJC3 What a star for continuing. Also. in theory working to your max should never get easier as max will just improve. no?
Idiots question for everyone from me but managing this condition is all about small margins. How do people best sequence eating and exercise to get best - lowest - numbers. Eat before exercise or exercise before eating? Thanks in anticipation.

I’m new at this but through recent trial and error I’ve found that I should do my exercise 1 hr after eating or my numbers go up quite a bit. For the moment I’m mostly walking but have done some weights until the other day when I apparently overdid it and shot up from 8 to 12. So now am sticking to brisk walks until I have better control.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@JMcB Thanks for that. A mixed day involving plenty of head scratching. Started with a nice walk around watering hanging baskets, vegetable beds and raspberries before breakfast of tea. Wandered about a bit including shopping then ate a little snack which produced an annoying bg level. In frustration I did a 40 minute sprint 8 session on the static bike wearing my newish chest HRM. HR went into the red all 8 sprints and stats showed 5 would have been max and the other 3 about 90+% - last 3. I hadn't done this for some time so I was quite pleased and frustration gone. Then had a little recovery and walked the dogs. By doing my 250 steps every hour I will hit 12K steps even on my pedometer which I took off for an hour. Fitbit will show 13K steps.
@Goonergal I hope cramp subsides and everyone else hope you have ha good days.

Reactions: kev-w and JMcB

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I hadn’t thought of it that way, but I guess you’re right, and when I Think of it I Didnt use to do 30secs, it was 15 secs a month or 2 ago when you first put me on to this.

Like @JMcB I also have found that exercise about 1hr after eating seems to give the best result, this is only my observation of my own results, haven’t researched it at all.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its been a busy day: around 18,000 steps so far.
1 hr rehab gym class which felt very strenuous today, or perhaps I’m just putting more into it.
No static cycling as Ive only just got home but will do some core exercises later.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
14,940 steps today- had a massive slump, ate some salt, felt better later. Not sure if that was really the cause/solution. There are too many things to think about and calculate. Oh @ianpspurs, although most of what you wrote was like another language I have a vague feeling that (despite it suiting me better to exercise early in the day and then forget about it) it is better for me to eat and then do a brisk walk. Forgive my vagueness but I don’t seem nearly as focussed or organised or meticulous as most of you. Oh and I’ve started doing some (tiny) weights at night. Just a few reps for firming up the upper arms.

Reactions: kev-w and Goonergal

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
14,940 steps today ... Forgive my vagueness but I don’t seem nearly as focussed or organised or meticulous as most of you. Oh and I’ve started doing some (tiny) weights at night. Just a few reps for firming up the upper arms.
@flexi06 Terrific stepping there. I would say you are plenty focused what with walking and weights and testing bg and .... need I go on? Ignore my diatribe I am just a sad, mad old eccentric but don't tell anyone we'll just keep it strictly entre nous :angelic:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Just catching up.

@ianpspurs thanks for your good wishes. On the timing of eating/exercising, exercising while fasted is easier - find I have more energy. Regardless of food, exercise in the morning raises me a lot more than the equivalent exercise later in the day. However, I’m no longer bothered by the immediate rise as I’ve seen the long term impact on BG and other health markers so just fit the exercise in where it’s convenient - that way it’s sustainable.

No cramps last night but shins/lower limbs grumbling so am guessing it’s all linked as water intake is high and magnesium supplements have been constant for many months.

@flexi06 good luck with the dental works. Never pleasant.

@DJC3 you’re really going for it!

@johnpol totally in awe of your regime

On the exercise front, have been taking it easy. 11,253 steps yesterday, similar number on Thursday and 13,749 on Wednesday.

Need to get back to the gym.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A feeble 6k steps today - couldn’t motivate myself to go for a walk without a dog ( she’s in hospital) so just moped instead.

I did manage 20 mins of exercises this morning ( squats, leg raises arm stuff with a couple of tins of soup as no weights)

Not much at all. I Expect fbg to suffer tomorrow and hopefully I’ll do better then.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Playing catch up this morning. 16,955 steps yesterday. Couple of brisk 20 minute walks in there, but mostly activity getting to and from places.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A miserable couple of weeks off, but I hit the pool at lunch, the swim watch says
1,550 m Distance
38:39 Time
2:29 min/100m Avg Pace
480 C Calories

And I'm happy enough with that, 61 lengths breaststroke and a length of crawl to finish :p

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Relatively lazy day today. Couple of hours cleaning and just under 10,000 steps accumulated getting to and from Waitrose and Asda.

Reactions: kev-w and ianpspurs