What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A bright sunny morning greeted me today for my birthday and A1C day. I have a nasty feeling my lab results will make my postings present me as some kind of serial fantasist but honestly guv they are real. 4.5 today and my overall average for this period is at my own target so naturally the actual results will be worse. Have a great day.

Happy birthday dear

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
A bright sunny morning greeted me today for my birthday and A1C day. I have a nasty feeling my lab results will make my postings present me as some kind of serial fantasist but honestly guv they are real. 4.5 today and my overall average for this period is at my own target so naturally the actual results will be worse. Have a great day.
Happy Birthday ianspurs. Enjoy your special day.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much for the birthday wishes it is really good to feel part of a community.
Swimming lesson over and blood test done - now to end the fast. Initial numbers from test are good - weight 72.8kgs bmi 21.7; bp 122/80 which just after swimming is ok. BMI down from 22.7 on December 19 2017;, bp was 126/80 then. All of that will count for nothing unless the main aim of this is reflected in Hba1c but a nice start. Now for a few days of meat eating, maybe some wine but definitely a marmite and vine tomato sandwich with some bread from an artisanal baker with stalls on several Cambridgeshire markets. I have been eyeing that bread up for months :woot::inpain:

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

Many happy returns Ian

Reactions: ianpspurs

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Happy birthday ianpspurs :)

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Happy birthday @ianpspurs fingers crossed for great a1c for you

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday @ianpspurs fingers crossed for great a1c for you
Thank you @Jenniewren1958 I think I will settle for a good, not great, a1c as long as the cholesterol level and ratios are good. The weight, bmi and bp have come in ok so I just want to see all green lights on my dashboard rather than focus solely on one.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Birthday greetings to ianspurs with many more to come.
Thank you very much @Keesha and everyone else who has kindly wished me well. As regards the many more to come, I have deleted my signature which showed the start of my journey but it really began 3 years ago on my 60th birthday. All my key markers have improved markedly since then so going in the right direction. I wasn't best pleased to be given the dx but it may just have been the wake up call I needed rather than something more severe.:)