What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

sunny again this morning so perhaps a bit of light gardening later ;)
been trying to make sorbet and it's an abject failure so far, it tastes lovely but freezes like a brick :(

Have a good weekend everyone :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh woe is me I have unfortunately cut one of the fingers on my right hand now only have three fingers on that hand to choose from for finger pricking if you don't count the thumb that is.:(

Have you tried the back of your fingers? Ie between nail bed and 1st joint. I stab there to give fingertips a break. It bleeds very well if you press your finger down on something.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

sunny again this morning so perhaps a bit of light gardening later ;)
been trying to make sorbet and it's an abject failure so far, it tastes lovely but freezes like a brick :(

Have a good weekend everyone :)
@geefull finally matched ya - no meds no fasting:) Won't last but all I need now is Kane to score the winner and I can launch into song! Oh, and if you master sorbet ,especially with mango somewhere in it , I'm planning to hunt you down Liam Neeson sylee and wifeknap ya:***:

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Have you tried the back of your fingers? Ie between nail bed and 1st joint. I stab there to give fingertips a break. It bleeds very well if you press your finger down on something.
I would try that but that area is covered in tape at the mo but on the other fingers it may work giving me 3 x 3 places to try I'll definitely have a stab at it. :)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Thanks, Ziggy2017. Mum has severe memory problems and is depressed. Since losing my dad and her best friend she has been lonely and lost. We spend a lot of time with her but she needs other company and someone to remind her repeatedly how to do things. She hates living alone but will not move as she has lived in the same house for 63 years.We do most things for her and make sure she eats well. We do our best to take her out so that she can see/ talk to others but recently she won't leave her house. We settle her into bed every night but she keeps getting up in the night then wants to sleep all the time in the day. When I'm not there I ring her frequently but she does not put her hearing aids in so even that is becoming more difficult. It is truly a terrible condition! Best wishes to you and your nanny.
@dogslife im sorry to hear about her depression we have to force my nanny to go out or all she would do was sit on the sofa and watch tv we have to turn the tv off so she will come with us to get a cup of tea it’s very hard to get her out and I often find her sleeping during the day. Does your mum have a dog? Maybe it would help just to have a little bit of company. Good luck for your mum

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Oh woe is me I have unfortunately cut one of the fingers on my right hand now only have three fingers on that hand to choose from for finger pricking if you don't count the thumb that is.:(

Oh no, when did this happen JohnEGreen?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Oh no, when did this happen JohnEGreen?
Well it was last evening when cooking dinner the blade for the food processor had been left out in the cupboard and when I was retrieving oven dish fell foul of the blade. Stung a bit bled a lot.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@geefull finally matched ya - no meds no fasting:) Won't last but all I need now is Kane to score the winner and I can launch into song! Oh, and if you master sorbet ,especially with mango somewhere in it , I'm planning to hunt you down Liam Neeson sylee and wifeknap ya:***:
Love this song

Reactions: ianpspurs

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
@dogslife im sorry to hear about her depression we have to force my nanny to go out or all she would do was sit on the sofa and watch tv we have to turn the tv off so she will come with us to get a cup of tea it’s very hard to get her out and I often find her sleeping during the day. Does your mum have a dog? Maybe it would help just to have a little bit of company. Good luck for your mum
Thanks, Ziggy 2017. Sorry to hear about your nanny. Does she get up during the night? Perhaps that is why she sleeps during the day. My mum loves animals but wouldn't be able to look after one due to her diminishing cognitive ability. I am constantly anxious and sad as no matter how much I do cannot stop what is happening to my dear mum.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Thanks, Ziggy 2017. Sorry to hear about your nanny. Does she get up during the night? Perhaps that is why she sleeps during the day. My mum loves animals but wouldn't be able to look after one due to her diminishing cognitive ability. I am constantly anxious and sad as no matter how much I do cannot stop what is happening to my dear mum.
@dogslife she doesn’t live with us so I’m not quite sure though my granda says she often sleeps in. She claims she doesn’t like animals but every weekday morning she comes up and greets our dog Ziggy who seems to adore her. Sadly there is no stopping Alzheimer’s/dementia my nanny is currently on a medication for her dementia (it’s meant for if they start to wander around but my mum insisted we couldn’t wait until that happened) but I don’t think it makes a lot of difference. Stay strong dogslife and God bless

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Goodnight everyone I’m not feeling at myself at all tonight my stomach pain is very bad tonight and I feel very sick my blood sugar is 7.9 tonight have a good night all