What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. - The house painting will pause today due to a selection of entertainment. Tennis / football and been invited to a bbq this afternoon...oh my ..and blood sugars 5.6 this morning. Enjoy your day all......

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all sports fans of whatever persuasion.

A delicate 7.5 for me this morning, a homemade Caeser salad last night, croutons, cheese, salad dressing ( up as a pervert whoops wrong thread ), will pick out the croutons next time and change the salad dressing.

Well folks have a good day, stay cool as in sixties hey man !

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Oh woe is me I have unfortunately cut one of the fingers on my right hand now only have three fingers on that hand to choose from for finger pricking if you don't count the thumb that is.:(

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
@dogslife sorry to hear about your mums Alzheimer’s a few years ago my nanny was diagnosed with dementia but it’s not so bad after a few months when you get used to it
Thanks, Ziggy2017. Mum has severe memory problems and is depressed. Since losing my dad and her best friend she has been lonely and lost. We spend a lot of time with her but she needs other company and someone to remind her repeatedly how to do things. She hates living alone but will not move as she has lived in the same house for 63 years.We do most things for her and make sure she eats well. We do our best to take her out so that she can see/ talk to others but recently she won't leave her house. We settle her into bed every night but she keeps getting up in the night then wants to sleep all the time in the day. When I'm not there I ring her frequently but she does not put her hearing aids in so even that is becoming more difficult. It is truly a terrible condition! Best wishes to you and your nanny.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
I bought a hanging basket stuffed full with Petunia, Marigold, Lobelia, Salvia and Ivy

Sorry to read about your mum (bless)
Alzheimer’s so so cruel x
Sounds lovely and colourful. I've got marigold, lobelia and geraniums waiting to be planted but keeping them in the shade for now so they don't dry out in this sun.:)

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all 3.3 for me this morning:) Low but feel fine. Only had meat and cheese yesterday so no carbs to talk of. Not much of an appetite at the moment. Off to see Dn next week to see about getting meds reduced. Last months Bg were 4.9 average over 30 days. Highest reading was 6.3 lowest 3.2 so well in range. Have a good day all :happy: and stay :cool:.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 3.3 for me this morning:) Low but feel fine. Only had meat and cheese yesterday so no carbs to talk of. Not much of an appetite at the moment. Off to see Dn next week to see about getting meds reduced. Last months Bg were 4.9 average over 30 days. Highest reading was 6.3 lowest 3.2 so well in range. Have a good day all :happy: and stay :cool:.
@Terrytiddy Nice low fbg and very keto foods yesterday. Hug is for loss of appetite and need to tweak meds - always a pain:( But what do I know?:banghead:

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Terrytiddy Nice low fbg and very keto foods yesterday. Hug is for loss of appetite and need to tweak meds - always a pain:( But what do I know?:banghead:
Thanks for that @ianpspurs Never had much of an appetite in a mornings that's why 18/6 fasting is so easy for me. I could go longer but have to eat something because of meds, (need to be taken with food) Blood test later this month so see what they bring. :)