Spreading The Lchf Word Together, Maybe The Way Forward?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't really need to test - though it was handy in the first months I just need to eat as I did when doing Atkins and that works - though of course people have often been talked out of doing Atkins as it is 'so dangerous' - it really is a matter of getting acceptance of low carb and helping them to understand how to manipulate their diet to help their metabolism recover.
I know that I can eat more carbs and not have a high blood glucose now, but I would put on weight so fast.
I have reduced carbs from what I needed to sort out the diabetes to try to get rid of body fat, and I have made an appointment to see a HCP - but when I phoned I was told that I needed to go to a different surgery for it - so now I am sure my doctor is sulking.

Reactions: Debandez

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez
I'd be happy to participate in anything you can get together. There is a lot going on outside the forum but sometimes I think we could do more.
@Administrator do you have any thoughts about spreading the word in a less "sciency" way but instead involving the grassroots?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez
I'd be happy to participate in anything you can get together. There is a lot going on outside the forum but sometimes I think we could do more.
@Administrator do you have any thoughts about spreading the word in a less "sciency" way but instead involving the grassroots?
What better way of spreading the word than from the people who have benefited so well from this woe abd turned the nhs advice on its head. Thanks @bulkbiker I've added your name to my list . let's see where it goes.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Picnic by the river on the cards! Works for me.

I read that too quickly and thought it said “picnic on the carbs”! I wondered what was the matter with you for a minute!
:joyful::hilarious:

Reactions: xfieldok
D

Deleted member 308541

Hope you all symbolically burn large printouts of the "Eat Well Plate" at your gathering, just make sure you get the media involved to record you all making a point. :D

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I read that too quickly and thought it said “picnic on the carbs”! I wondered what was the matter with you for a minute!
My typos cause many problems for me. New phone. Type too fast. Don't proof read. Reply late when tired. But I kinda like picnic on the carbs as oppose to cards. Sounds like a que for a song tbh. All together now.....

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm going to do a bit of work on this over the next week. It would be great if a good amount of us could meet up. Somewhere central. I will bring my selfie stick (no expense spared!) For the photo shoot. And I'm not joking. I'm going to contact our press office as a starting point to see if they might get behind us (not in the photo obviously!). But I think we might just have a winning formula.

Reactions: DJC3

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I will be with you in spirit. Sounds like y'all will prove to be a force to be reckoned with, go get 'em!

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Count me in but if we are having a picnic I can't sit on the ground because I now have bones and it hurts.

Reactions: DJC3 and xfieldok

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Count me in but if we are having a picnic I can't sit on the ground because I now have bones and it hurts.
I miss the padding too in a practical sense to sit on but how much easier is it without all the padding in the heatwave!

Reactions: Debandez

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm going to do a bit of work on this over the next week. It would be great if a good amount of us could meet up. Somewhere central. I will bring my selfie stick (no expense spared!) For the photo shoot. And I'm not joking. I'm going to contact our press office as a starting point to see if they might get behind us (not in the photo obviously!). But I think we might just have a winning formula.
Brilliant @Debandez Birmingham may be worth considering as Central - as it’s such a central hub for public transport for different areas for people not driving. Stratford does have a railway station but if someone coming via brum on train would need to change stations from new street to moor street which is a bit of a hike. Just a thought I’m flexible as have car or can do public transport but mindful of those with only access to public transport.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant @Debandez Birmingham may be worth considering as Central - as it’s such a central hub for public transport for different areas for people not driving. Stratford does have a railway station but if someone coming via brum on train would need to change stations from new street to moor street which is a bit of a hike. Just a thought I’m flexible as have car or can do public transport but mindful of those with only access to public transport.

Oh I agree. Stratford upon Avon was just central geographically, but yes you’re right Birmingham has much better transport links.