What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good morning all :)

4.6 today

pretty hot during the night again here so not the best sleep. It's going to be hot again today here according to the forecast. Off out to take mum to get her blood pressure checked this morning so we will probably have lunch out together ;)

Stay safe everyone :)

and @karen8967 enjoy the break and best wishes to your son :happy:
Thanks geefull

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.3 for me today. Nearly 9 hrs sleep and resting hr back at 58 on fitbit so general health OK. I need something to obsess about in my life so fbg it must be today:banghead: I am a little apprehensive about Nordic Walking class at 18.00 in this heat but I figure the route to all round health lies in exercise so it has to be done.
@karen8967 have a great time in Santorini - almost exactly 1 year ago we were off to Skiathos for our son's wedding and now we are waiting for 2 granddaughters this week. It couldn't be an omen could it?;)

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
4.8 today
Hi all hope you are ok about me joining you after deliberately not joining this thread for the last 11 months I feel it would be helpful for me to log in here. Fbg remains for me the most puzzling of all bg readings and seems to have a mind of its own but would like to join in with you all and your friendly chats.
Don’t know what others find but I find that in the heat the blood flows easier to take the morning reading - even got enough for a ketones reading out of my large drop of blood this morning! ( 2.0 for anyone interested so motoring along still on ketones)
Have a good Monday all enjoy

I avoided the feed for a long tine too as I was quite intimidated by everyone else. I was having high results. With hindsight not high, but higher than everyone else.. or so I thought. My switch to insulin was not easy for me as I became obsessed with lowering my bg in my case I put on so much weight. I’m now in a happy balance of intermittent fasting and lchf losing weight(16 lb) , reducing my insulin significantly ( I’ve probably reduced it by 7/8 )

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all 5.3 for me today. Nearly 9 hrs sleep and resting hr back at 58 on fitbit so general health OK. I need something to obsess about in my life so fbg it must be today:banghead: I am a little apprehensive about Nordic Walking class at 18.00 in this heat but I figure the route to all round health lies in exercise so it has to be done.
@karen8967 have a great time in Santorini - almost exactly 1 year ago we were off to Skiathos for our son's wedding and now we are waiting for 2 granddaughters this week. It couldn't be an omen could it?;)
thanks ian it may well be :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all 4.0 for me this morning:happy: Struggled all day yesterday to fetch levels up, highest I got all day was a 5.4 after 6 jelly babies!! Then got 2.9!! :eek::nailbiting: 11.30 last night 4.2. :) Have a good day everyone :happy: and stay :cool:.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I might do the same Bubbsie especially between 12 and 3. Yesterday I had loads to do and got so hot. My poor cats are beside themselves. I keep putting ice cubes in their water bowl.
The cat is occupying the main bedroom where it's cooler...the dog has dug himself a trench under the huge hedge in the garden...I may be joining him later if he'll let me PM...ooh...unbelievably no rain expected for the next few weeks.:arghh:

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning all 4.0 for me this morning:happy: Struggled all day yesterday to fetch levels up, highest I got all day was a 5.4 after 6 jelly babies!! Then got 2.9!! :eek::nailbiting: 11.30 last night 4.2. :) Have a good day everyone :happy: and stay :cool:.
@Terrytiddy hypos below 3.0 are the worst :banghead: I would definitely talk to your doctor about this. I know this may not be the wisest suggestion but maybe you should eat slightly higher carb until you can see your doctor

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
@ianpspurs make sure if your doing your walking class to carry some water and a cereal bar :)
Have a nice time at the wedding @karen8967

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Terrytiddy hypos below 3.0 are the worst :banghead: I would definitely talk to your doctor about this. I know this may not be the wisest suggestion but maybe you should eat slightly higher carb until you can see your doctor
Hi @Ziggy2017 when I go low I don't feel bad or like a hypo. I took my June graph of blood glucose to my Dr showing a few low readings but he said they were ok as my highest reading over the month was only 6.5. I have halved my Metformin and Gliclazide meds as well. I'm in with Dn tomorrow for my MOT so will have a word with her to. :)