My 15 Minutes Of Fame - Thanks To This Forum

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks to @Dajana who works here on the forum, I was featured in an article on this website earlier this year. My story has more recently been picked up by the press office and today following an interview last week, I have my 15 mins of fame in the Oxford Mail newspaper today. I have also been invited to take part in a live interview on BBC Radio Oxford in a couple of week’s time and I’m waiting to hear back from a national magazine who want to publish my story too! I’m so proud to be able to help spread the low carb message :happy:
http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/16...ds-nearly-six-stone-after-diabetes-diagnosis/
PS I guess I will change my Avatar to the real me now my cover’s been blown :joyful::hilarious:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great article @Rachox and well done for putting your story out. I’m sure it will help and inspire others.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome to the forum, the real @Rachox shall I tag Daisy1 for you?

Seriously though, very well done - you are an inspiration to us all!

Reactions: Prem51

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Wow- nice to meet the 'real' you. Great work on the article @Rachox

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing and lovely seeing your avatar too! It’s always good to put a face to the name thank you. I know it takes some bravery to put your story out there especially in the local paper. You have done so amazingly well and have earnt our respect what an inspirational story it’s really appreciated I’m sure by others heading down the path of improving their health. Look forward to hearing your live interview too.

Reactions: Prem51 and Geoffno6

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great article and you look amazing in both pics but much more confident and happy in your latest pic! :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well done you!
You may aspire to more than fifteen minutes!
I was patient A, in a science paper about RH!
No more than a few seconds for me!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just to add my two pennorth...
I admire you for putting yourself out there. Take no notice of anyone criticising. Journalists put their own spin on things. Typical that they forgot to mention T2. You are inspiring many others. Well done!

Oh and your avatar pic ain't bad, either.

Reactions: Diakat

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox well done. You have helped me and countless others and will do even more through your publicity so you always have been a superstar!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Rachox thank you for representing the posters who have lost many stones. :) :) :)

You have done yourself proud.

I'm sure your life has changed for the best. What a brilliant change to take place too.
I'm hoping to join you but by a more assisted means due to my multipal health conditions. ;)
My weight loss may not be as high profile thou... well maybe not. I'm willing to wait and see where my reduced size will take me.
I hope yours takes you even further. You deserve it.

Reactions: Terrytiddy