What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all - summer 2018 RIP..:arghh:
5,6 today - don't like it one bit but exactly 2 years ago today was 5.8 and regularly at or above that upper target (5.5) until December test' which was, 5.6 so I may need to chill. Proviso is I did way more exercise and heavy work in the garden that year but you can only fell tress and dig out roots once:arghh:
Rain has beaten me to it. Thought I would get the dogs out early and beat it. Now I need to turn the house upside down to find my favourite waterproof trousers - those are breathable the others leave me wetter inside than I would be outside with no waterproofs:banghead:

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 today

not exactly warm here this morning, it's 12'C. so not exactly cold either I suppose but definitely not mid August heat.

Have a good day everyone :)

@ianpspurs you have 'favourite' waterproof trousers? :)

I'm just contemplating 'trousers' for the first time in about 35 years (wouldn't wear them once I got up to dress size 20 and certainly not all the way up to dress size 32! so, no trousers for the last 35 years )

I've now bought a couple of pairs from the charity shop, didn't want to buy a lot until I get used to wearing them again and find out what types are comfortable.

Haven't been brave enough to wear them out of the house yet though. mr. gee says I look fine in them and to 'go for it' but I'm finding it oddly difficult getting myself to do it after so long :sorry:

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.3 today. Sunny and cool here, rain doesnt look far away. Taking mum to an appointment, so excercise later. I find if I dont do it first thing, it gets harder to get in the muster up the energy and I let it slip. Although the odd day off is no harm . Have a good one.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 today
Quick plate of ham and eggs and off to work for the last time until September.
I may not post tomorrow- early start for the long drive.
@rhubarb73 Have a relaxing family holiday as your signature shows a huge amount of work and change since May - feels good doesn't it? Sit back and enjoy the glow.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all those Ducks who have been sadly neglected during the last long hot spell.

A 6.5 for me this morning.

Today I shall be wearing my flippers on my Thursday walk, wether I wear anything else is in the lap of the gods, if I don't post on Friday then I shall still be in the nick.

Have a good dry day if possible folks.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I shall be wearing my flippers on my Thursday walk, wether I wear anything else is in the lap of the gods, if I don't post on Friday then I shall still be in the nick.
@alf_Josiah Should you be so attired, one feels the local constabulary would return you to Mrs J with a "bless him" and pi** themselves laughing in the station later,

Reactions: OrsonKartt

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning, very happy with that.
@JohnEGreen hope you get into calm waters soon.
@rhubarb73 Please bring some sun with you! It’s not cold down here though, and rockpools and coastal walks are ( almost) as much fun without the blazing sun.
@Geeful I agree with your hubby - go for it! Trousers are so much more practical in most situations I think.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good mornng All. Soggy in West Sussex too. Planned garden jobs will have to be shelved. That means dusting instead grrrrr. Anyway 6.5 at 0800 so heDing in the right direction probably because I feel more like me after 2 days not feeling like me.
@geefull I am the opposite to you..this summer I felt confident getting my legs out in skirts and dresses instead of the usual crop trousers. You go for it!
@rhubarb73 have a safe journey and enjoy your hols very jealous of you and @DJC3 being in Cornwall my favourite place in any weather.
@ianpspurs and @alf_Josiah hope you find your trousers!!
Have a good day All.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone not well at all today waiting for the GP to come out and see me as I’m having trouble breathing blood sugar was 4.6

Reactions: karen8967