What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.9 today. My body seems to be acting like a petulant child at being asked to start working a little in order to get into even vague shape. My assumption is it knows what is coming and liver helpfully floods things. Also, currently a bit of a hybrid WOE with 2 freezers and fridges plus various cupboards to clear of foods not part of the changes required. Scales and resting pulse rate like the gentle return to exercise. Rowing machine coming soon so lets see what happens as I ratchet up pre season before, hopefully, proper schedule.

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
@ 7. 15am my BG was 10.9 and after 2 hrs it went up to 11.2. This is the highest I ever got after my diagnosis since 2003. It's really disappointing.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ 7. 15am my BG was 10.9 and after 2 hrs it went up to 11.2. This is the highest I ever got after my diagnosis since 2003. It's really disappointing.
I can only suggest you look at your eating and drinking in the previous day or two. It might be portion size too. Or you a bit u well or had terrible nights sleep or anxious. Keep going with tackling it and it should get better.

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
I can only suggest you look at your eating and drinking in the previous day or two. It might be portion size too. Or you a bit u well or had terrible nights sleep or anxious. Keep going with tackling it and it should get better.
Yes I guess so. I went overboard on my eating and drinking over the weekend that was why I did not check my BG yesterday thinking it will be too high but not as high as this and I didn't sleep well only had 2 hrs of sleep maybe because of the high BG. Thanks

Reactions: Terrytiddy

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Heading down to the pub to watch the all Ireland hurling final. Kicks off at 3:30. Equivalent to the cup final in Ireland. It’s on sky sports arena, if anyone is curious.
Have a great Sunday.

Great match fantastic result for Limerick. :)[/QUOTE]

I managed to wangle tickets for that one year.. when I lived in dub, I knew a guy.. Kerry won

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 this morning. Bit worried as I forgot to take my met form in yesterday and now only on one a day in any case. Need to get back into the 5s but think diabetic nurse cutting mymetformin to one a day might have been a mistake
Hi @Juso Personally I wouldn't fret about missing 1 metformin or the cutting back. You are testing and monitoring so just keep on doing the same things.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...had a great time yesterday...dropped the girls off in London...met a friend for a coffee & a good gossip...just opposite the Old Vic in Waterloo ( I love the atmosphere there)...had some Millionaires shortbread with my latte ...sometimes you just have to...two hours later 5.4...home...flumped out for the rest of the evening...woke to a 5.7 & sunshine...:)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.6 this morning. Bit worried as I forgot to take my met form in yesterday and now only on one a day in any case. Need to get back into the 5s but think diabetic nurse cutting mymetformin to one a day might have been a mistake
Missing one tablet is unlikely to do any harm Juso...with metformin it takes a while to get into our system...equally it takes a while to come out of it...just keep an eye on your BG's...if the changes do not settle get back to the DSN...discuss with it her...possibly a mistake to reduce your medication...or maybe it will take a while for you to adjust to the change...either way your testing so that will give an indication of whether it is working or not

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...had a great time yesterday...dropped the girls off in London...met a friend for a coffee & a good gossip...just opposite the Old Vic in Waterloo ( I love the atmosphere there)...had some Millionaires shortbread with my latte ...sometimes you just have to...two hours later 5.4...home...flumped out for the rest of the evening...woke to a 5.7 & sunshine...:)
Absolutely adore millionaire's shortbread, especially one from the local farmers market. Hopefully getting close with high fibre flapjack/chocky bars. I can't make anything remotely pleasant resembling the shortbread base without chocolate to hold it together:arghh:

Last edited: