What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

just started to rain and the water board man has just arrived up the street with his little digger to work on the leak,

The visitors arrived safely at mum's yesterday. they've brought their dog with them, he's got a sore leg so was getting cosseted and petted.
Mum's little dog was feeling a bit left out so she and I went out for a very pleasant if windy walk in the sunshine :) most enjoyable!

Hope Monday is kind to you :)

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning.. I’ve missed for a week, no reason just out of my routine. Bloods have been above 6 and even into the 8 maybe that’s why. Anyway I changed my ratios yesterday to 1 unit per 5 g of carb and had extra in my evening dose. This morning 5.1 before tea, 4.7 after tea, 4.7 after shower and tea... Yorkshire with BOB milk... I’ve found the cure people it’s clearly Yorkshire tea -

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning all. 5.6 today. Home gym and treadmill complete, 6.1 now.
Keeping to the keto....although there may have been a bit of slippage yesterday(32g). BG is still more than I would expect given the diet and exercise. Keeping to the plan until the weight goal is met....then we will revaluate.
Hope everyone is well and BG meets your expectations. Have a great day.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...had a great sleep after my massive housework fest yesterday...I hate housework...but my BG's love it...started on . 6.1...got myself down to a 4.9 after cleaning the windows...so a quick break plus a couple of protein bars...didn't go higher than 5.4 all day...does that mean I want to repeat the experience...no...but I will...woke to a 5.6

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. 8.3 at 9am. Sudden onset of familiar hypo symptoms at 7pm last evening. ( Hadn't eaten for 5 hours). Bloods tested at 3+ so gobbled down jelly babies. Retested at 4.2 but still shaking. Up to 6+ after a sandwich and some crisps then shot up to 10+. Decided not to take my evening Gliclazide, just my Metformin so that could explain my higher fbs this morning. Guess I'm still learning after 13 years! Note to self: Must keep my eye on the time and eat more regularly! Enjoy your week one and all.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Took my first blood waking up this morning since being diagnosed - 6.3 which by what I’m reading isn’t too bad so feeling good
Welcome @Emma_369. Testing is the way to go and that number is a great start. Tagging @daisy1 to give you a proper welcome as I am the offical forum village idiot bussed in to make others feel good.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who played wif
If then, goto, proc a etc . They be the forum fixers.

A slightly 8.2 this morning after a bad night.

After donating blood to the path labs this morning, Mrs J will be leaving me's to my own amusements hehehehe, when will she ever learn, hmmm might just be a song in there somewhere, ....somewhere over the.....,sorry kneed koffy

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I couldn't get into the forum all yesterday so I'm posting yesterday's. (It's 6:30am here this morning, I'm going back to bed till 8 and will post today's later.)

I got up yesterday at 3:30 am to go to the washroom, had a headache so I decided to test to see if I was low. I wasn't low - it was 5.1. It was also 5.1 when I retested on rising at 8:30 am

Off this morning to see the foot doctor today for the first time.

Last edited: