What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.6 for me this morning. Emotionally feeling a lot lower lots of changes here in the Green household less than three weeks ago on the morning of the 1st we were a family of five including Sox our dog now no Sox, grandson at University daughter gone visiting with friend for an unspecified period. Strange how things can change so utterly in such a short time.

Yesterday coming home from Lincoln was first time in many years coming back to an empty house Judith and I feel a little lost and at a loose end.

Hope I don't start in on the carbs for comfort.

Geoffno6

Morning all - dull start for this dullard. Fbg 5.2, weight at target 22 BMI and resting pulse below 60 - SO why does it all feel totally sub-optimal? Numbers are one thing, performance another - these ok numbers ain't powering this machine properly atm.
I am totally aware of the "I would be happy with those numbers" members just pointing out the weakness of data alone - useless without knowledge. @Goonergal sympathy and can't help feeling could be a kickback from cramp and lc yesterday - seems to do that. Also, Coco scoring adds to a long list of why I would sell him ASAP.

That post is a psychologists dream Mr P. So why the gloom?
I can’t resist “I would be happy with those numbers”

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That post is a psychologists dream Mr P. So why the gloom?
I can’t resist “I would be happy with those numbers”
Knew that question would come. Those numbers are just not driving the power to perform I need/want. Nothing measurable just "wrong":arghh:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all
4.6 bgs this morning
Ate much later than normal yesterday evening as hectic so expected higher not lower! Strange unpredictable beast this diabetes @Goonergal I had my longest eating window in a while and a few more carbs (veggies) in my curry than usual.
Off to York’s this morning to 87 year old mums - tools packed in car for her jobs list. This includes harvesting her Worcester apples normally something I enjoy but will have to find more people to donate them to this year!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 for me this morning. Emotionally feeling a lot lower lots of changes here in the Green household less than three weeks ago on the morning of the 1st we were a family of five including Sox our dog now no Sox, grandson at University daughter gone visiting with friend for an unspecified period. Strange how things can change so utterly in such a short time.

Yesterday coming home from Lincoln was first time in many years coming back to an empty house Judith and I feel a little lost and at a loose end.

@JohnEGreen totally relate to that feeling. Sudden realisation of *** do we do now is bad enough without loss of a pet. I sense you are a strong chap with a keen mind so you will sort it all out. Just me that can't

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. Bright and crisper here on the east coast. My plan this morning is to cycle down to the beach hut and put the kettle on for coffee then walk back and meet friends for more coffee.... a mellow way of spending Sunday morning... 5.9 on the meter....

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Feel for you it’s odd when things have been busy and lots of people around it can be ok then in the quietness loss can suddenly hit. Low carb treats may be order of the day. You’ll probably feel better too when grandson settled at uni - natural anxiety about that can make you focus on the empty house. Be kind to yourself.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning all 4.2 today also not feeling too good stomach pains for mum and I and little brother has been throwing up during the night have a good Sunday all

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.7 this morn. Bright and sunny here, trainers on for a long walk.
@Ziggy2017, sympathies on the tummy woes in the ziggy household. Was it the restaurant?. I hope everyone improves as the day goes on.
Everyone else, hope you are all well, your BG behaves. Have a great Sunday.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good morning all. 5.7 this morn. Bright and sunny here, trainers on for a long walk.
@Ziggy2017, sympathies on the tummy woes in the ziggy household. Was it the restaurant?. I hope everyone improves as the day goes on.
Everyone else, hope you are all well, your BG behaves. Have a great Sunday.
@Canvaspic thanks I think it might have been the food but can’t be completely sure

Reactions: Cumberland

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Morning all. After a lovely Thai meal (no rice, no wine as I was driving) I went to bed with a 4.7 and woke up with a 6.2.
Mustn’t grumble.
Farmers market this morning- what sumptuous morsels might it bring.