Well done @bulkbiker

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
i wondered if @bulkbiker might put his latest hbaca1 and other wonderful results and achievements in this section - but he’s quietly put his amazing recent scores in his signature! I just wanted to say - Well done @bulkbiker youre a superstar. We all on this forum aspire to get your amazing results which you have also maintained for so long - an inspiration to us all. Just wanted to give you a congratulatory hug and pat on the back amazing. Two years in the twenties! !

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You guys are far too good at reading my signature.. but many thanks indeed..
I have the "telephone consultation" with the GP in 2 weeks no doubt about "cholesterol" but luckily its the GP that is the surgery rep on the PPG and has so far not responded to our request for a meeting concerning diabetes care.. so he may get more than he bargained for!

Reactions: SaskiaKC and Prem51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For full transparency here are my results since diagnosis

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 17.52.15.png

This most recent test was the first time I had the Fasting Insulin test from Medichecks. For the previous two I used my own finger prick reading which on Monday was 5.9 so looks like I should pay the extra £10 over the fasting insulin test and get medichecks to do the calculation..as their FBG is more accurate.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i wondered if @bulkbiker might put his latest hbaca1 and other wonderful results and achievements in this section - but he’s quietly put his amazing recent scores in his signature! I just wanted to say - Well done @bulkbiker youre a superstar. We all on this forum aspire to get your amazing results which you have also maintained for so long - an inspiration to us all. Just wanted to give you a congratulatory hug and pat on the back amazing. Two years in the twenties! !

I have the "telephone consultation" with the GP in 2 weeks no doubt about "cholesterol" but luckily its the GP that is the surgery rep on the PPG and has so far not responded to our request for a meeting concerning diabetes care.. so he may get more than he bargained for!

Totally agree @shelley262

@bulkbiker you are not only an inspiration but so generous with your time and advice on here, advice that is always based on personal experience and careful research. Congratulations and I’d love to be a fly on the wall (or a bug on the line) at your consultation!

Reactions: Prem51

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
They must want something.

Typical women
Well we do depend on @bulkbiker s postings particularly on cholesterol especially me! He was a life saver when I got my 13.8 cholesterol score in May !
Know that many others including @Rachox and @Debandez have appreciated his advice

Last edited:

smw99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd have thought he ought to be asking you how you have done it and asking you to share with other patients! You are an amzing example. I find it so frustrating that suggesting that low carb might work and supporting people in trying it isn't now the first line treatment. Still slowly things are changing.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations @bulkbiker. From the time I was diagnosed and before I even joined the forum I read your posts which were always made with great conviction and information. I dont follow the same diet as you but we are all on the same path and I dont think you have any idea how inspiring you are to all of us. You are indeed very generous with new posters and I get cross on your behalf if they dont acknowledge it.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Prem51

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
PS. I do follow and believe in LCHF but dont fast (yet) I eat green veg, eat 3 small meals a day but if that gets me an HbA1c under 40 that is good enough for me.

Reactions: Goonergal

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations @bulkbiker. From the time I was diagnosed and before I even joined the forum I read your posts which were always made with great conviction and information. I dont follow the same diet as you but we are all on the same path and I dont think you have any idea how inspiring you are to all of us. You are indeed very generous with new posters and I get cross on your behalf if they dont acknowledge it.
p.s. me too.... especially when they say thank you to everyone else and not me... But then I remember I'm the grumpy old git so brush it off.

Reactions: Prem51

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think so otherwise someone else just polished off 400g of rump steak pan fried after sous-viding for 36 hours..
GNG eat yer heart out!

SV for 36 hours? Didn't it disintegrate, or just vaporise when you got the blow torch on it?

Jealous? Moi? Don't answer that or, or,.............. I don't know what.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yay! @bulkbiker , you sneak trying to stay under the radar! You are a true inspiration to me and many others and so knowledgeable. You’ve certainly provided me with reassurance about my cholesterol numbers and the courage to say no to Statins x

Perthperth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Can I ask if you have been re-coded or have any knowledge of Prof Taylor’s CP10 he speaks of bulkbiker? I asked my DN at my yearly review on Monday as I more than fit the criteria. The DN said she would pass the information on to the Surgery Manager/Dr. I provided Prof Taylor’s notes to Drs and the Criteria for Type 2 Remission BMJ Sept 2017. Not heard anything back as yet, maybe a little soon but I will contact the surgery Manager Monday to see if I have been successful. Any extra ammo will be appreciated.