Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
3.8 today. Day 4 of liquid only fast. Hope it doesn't drop further!
i go to 3.2's when fasting, so you may be able to also. listen to your body, if you feel shaky, then maybe have a quarter of carrot and check your blood sugar 30 mins later.

Reactions: bigjim19 and Freema

Anniya84

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Food that is killing me slowly
19.1... I guess I cannot control diabetes with diet alone anymore...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
19.1... I guess I cannot control diabetes with diet alone anymore...
Welcome @Anniya84 . Not so fast with the can't control if you please. It may take some changes and stumbles along the way - and may need other interventions - but stick around, Read, post, ask, test and feel the love in the room:)

Reactions: bigjim19

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
Been thinking that since the clocks moved back some BG figures have been slightly higher than normal any thoughts ?

Reactions: Freema

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That should help the confusion immensely:angelic: Good numbers though, just tough it out ( I believe one might refer to you as a tough old bird at this safe distance:angelic:)

Ha I’ve been called a lot worse so I’ll take that

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @Anniya84 and welcome. I'm not sure if you have had the excellent information for newcomers so I will tag @daisy1 whi will kindly post it for you.:)

Anniya84

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Welcome @Anniya84 . Not so fast with the can't control if you please. It may take some changes and stumbles along the way - and may need other interventions - but stick around, Read, post, ask, test and feel the love in the room:)
Thanks, @ianpspurs! I have been drinking water and walking around the office when I can, but I am now only down to 14.2 and it's lunchtime. I am questioning if I should have my lunch at all or hang in there until the bs levels drop a bit more?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, @ianpspurs! I have been drinking water and walking around the office when I can, but I am now only down to 14.2 and it's lunchtime. I am questioning if I should have my lunch at all or hang in there until the bs levels drop a bit more?
Depends on what is in the lunch basically. A good place to start with for ideas is this thread
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/ to get to the end just ad -page# (current is 983)
Hope that helps. Drop from 19 is going in the right direction:)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, not able to test today as am waiting for strips to arrive, feels odd to have no idea about my numbers, I don't feel any different though and apart from my pumpkin soup not having anything new so should be OK until I get home.
Horrible weather here today, dark, blustery and heavy showers.

Anniya84

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
do you eat less than 100 grams of carbs in total daily ? , if not then try this from now on
Thanks, @Freema, I will try that. To be honest, I haven't been paying much attention to the carbs (my bad!). I don't really eat biscuits or bread, maybe once a month I would have a craving. I thought that because I don't have these carby things in my regular diet, I'd be alright... Going to 'shop around' the forum for low carb dinner ideas. :)

Reactions: Prem51 and DJC3