What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I
Morning all. Rudely awoken at 3.30am with leg cramps. Got up, donned disposable gloves (sensitive skin on hands), applied magnesium oil, took supplements forgotten last night as eating away from home, drank glass of water and then optimistically went back to bed! It really was asking too much to fall back to sleep so up again just after 4. Still cramping so showered and more oil applied.

Oh and FBG a surprising 4.5.
sometimes think I could stop taking the magnesium but the more I titrate I’m now down to one again the more I can feel it coming back, took only one last night and had done so for last four days and had beginnings of cramp only woke me once so not that bad but going back up to two.!
Bgs today 4.8 rushing off in a bit two morning hospital appointments with mum this morning
@ianpspurs im with Julie on this - these elder ladies are tough mine is 88 just after Christmas but we worry about them - they’re our mums.

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too many medical appointments
The winter months, it’s cold when you’re bald!
You deserve so much more than a winner rating - absolute superstar and puts all and every niggle into perspective right there. ladies and gentlemen please be upstanding for @Tickledpinknot
Thank you, I will admit to occasional jealousy of ‘normal’ diabetics. I just get my levels down to 6ish then it’s time for more chemo! 11 years of cancer treatment caused steroid induced diabetes, but I’m still upright and breathing and defying the medics.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, I will admit to occasional jealousy of ‘normal’ diabetics. I just get my levels down to 6ish then it’s time for more chemo! 11 years of cancer treatment caused steroid induced diabetes, but I’m still upright and breathing and defying the medics.
Gee, my post came before I saw the further information. Seems to me fbg is the least of your worries and getting down to "normal" levels is as Ron Weasley would say "bloody brilliant". Huge respect and take care you are clearly something very special young lady.

Last edited:

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 5.6 today. Bright and chilly here. Long walk for me.
Hats off to @tickeldpinknot for all you are going through.
Resorting to the app on the phone today as the broadband company is holding us to ransom ( upgrade to fiber or well cut u off ) . Another chore to find a provider that works in the sticks.
Hope everyone is well. Your BG is ace. Have a great day.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

frosty start today but I have girded my loins accordingly in the appropriate manner ;)

Enjoyed a nice lunch out with mr. gee and mum yesterday and we're off out shortly volunteering.

Hope your day treats you well :)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. Think that’ll be the lowest of the day as have the stress of keeping one of Ellie’s school friends entertained all day today, and of course it’s wet and miserable so the garden is out of bounds :banghead:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @DJC3 @Bubbsie @philchap1 and @shelley262

I am fine but may well be asleep before the end of the day. It’s my team you should feel sorry for as I’m very grumpy when tired!
I say tough GG...although I'm sure that was said tongue in cheek;)...I can put up with most things but lack of good sleep takes it toll on me....just look forward to stepping through the door later...kicking those shoes off feet up...hope the time shoots past today.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all those of a kind and sensitive disposition. No I'm not ill.
A 5.4 for me this morning.
Well folks it's wet here in sunny Berkshire. So time to wash the car again hehehehe.
Have a good one whatever one is.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.8 which is in the satisfactory zone.
I was meant to be going home today but my chemo friend very sick last night so staying at least another day. So...@Tickledpinknot sending you hugs and utter respect, I have seen up close and personal the effect of chemo on my friend. It takes amazing courage and resiliance. Be very kind to yourself.
To everyone else out of sorts hope you are soon back to your old selves.
Have a good Thursday. Stay well, stay safe.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Wet, misty and 5.3 so nothing much going for it just now. Exactly a year ago we were boarding a plane for a week of sun pool, gym and champagne for breakfast in Cyprus - because I don't like this season. Today Julie is at this moment taking 88 - nearly 89 - year old MIL for a knee replacement or we would be there again. MIL seems totally oblivious to the dangers even though in the prep we discovered she has AF and had a small stroke she forgot. Julie is only surviving daughter and does the worrying for her mum. Tough old girl MIL, both hip replacements replaced in last 4 years now this - don't seem to make them like that these days.
Autumn isn't my favourite season either so off to Amsterdam next week, more of a change of scene than of climate.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all. Rudely awoken at 3.30am with leg cramps. Got up, donned disposable gloves (sensitive skin on hands), applied magnesium oil, took supplements forgotten last night as eating away from home, drank glass of water and then optimistically went back to bed! It really was asking too much to fall back to sleep so up again just after 4. Still cramping so showered and more oil applied.

Oh and FBG a surprising 4.5.
@Goonergal sorry not @philchap1 Is magnesium oil effective and if so for what?

Reactions: HarryBeau

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning all 4.3 and I also got a cold was meant to get my flu jab this week but it looks like it’s going to have to wait on a nicer note it’s winter now my favourite time of year (even though I get sick lots) hopefully my mum will be lighting the fire so I can go into the living room and get nice and cosy there’s nothing like sitting in front of the fire reading a book have a nice day everyone

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Autumn isn't my favourite season either so off to Amsterdam next week, more of a change of scene than of climate.
Enjoy Amsterdam. I know my boys enjoyed it there very much but I suspect their range of experiences were very different to yours. Thankfully, I have never been privy to a full debrief and, unlike some other trips of theirs, had no conversations with hoteliers, tour operators or law enforcement agencies.
Edit: In fairness, the Czech Police spoke very good English and the problems all related to friends who decided to go rogue around Prague after everyone else passed out:angelic:

Last edited: