Post your annoyances to vent!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When a type 1 smugly tells me type 2 don't need to test! grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Likewise when a type 2 tells me I’m lucky. After all I can eat what I like and just inject insulin to cover it.
Strange that an innocuous looking fluid has the capacity to kill me within a very short time if I should happen to get it wrong.
But hey, the choccie biscuit was delicious.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
My husbands inquest on our anniversary..

Reactions: Antje77

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you tried moving your mouse out of the text boxes then scrolling..? you don't get the signature scrolls then.. or at least I don't on my desktop.. no idea about the app sorry.
Mouse??????? Desktop????????? I have an iPad and I’m ****** useless at using it:):):banghead::banghead:

Edited by moderator for language

D

Deleted member 308541

When your fingers won't stop bleeding after a test and you cover work/gym programme/clothing/steering wheel in blood.
Wrap a elastic band around the finger just under the puncture, that will stop it leaking out. It's what I do when my blood flows well with my anti coagulents.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
1) Not being able to remember if you just took your insulin or if you imagined it

2) Trying to pretend I have self control when the post-hypo munchies hit

3) My blood sugar doing what it wants to do ignoring all rules. Been doing excerise? How about spiking. Just taken insulin? How about no

Hello and welcome.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My husbands inquest on our anniversary..

156350-Sending-You-Hugs.gif
X

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Likewise when a type 2 tells me I’m lucky. After all I can eat what I like and just inject insulin to cover it.
Omg, if only, if only

Strange that an innocuous looking fluid has the capacity to kill me within a very short time if I should happen to get it wrong.
But hey, the choccie biscuit was delicious.

Oooh, don't forget the Jelly babies............

Reactions: donnellysdogs

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
People that are experts on everything
I was only diagnosed in July but I'm already realizing we all have that one person (or more) who fancies themselves an expert and insists on doling out unsolicited "advice" and opinions that are often wrong despite them not being diabetic. :banghead:

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you don't read the full thread and post an answer to someone to find someone else has put exactly the same on another post...!
I only do that about 10 times a day!
Aw. I'd rather have more help though, not less, and it saves newbies like me who are still learning the time of having to search for answers in more threads.

Reactions: ickihun

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
[QUOTE="briped, post: 1918445, member: 472718"
I tend to forget my evening metformin, and as I sleep on the 6th floor and the kitchen (and tablets) are on the 4th, I have to get out of bed and climb 2 floors down, and of course 2 floors back up again. [/QUOTE]

You made me feel better because tonight I've been complaining because I have to go up a floor in the elevator to do laundry. Up, put clothes in washer, down. 30 minutes later, up again, move clothes from washer to dryer, down. In about 42 minutes I will have to go up again, take clothes out of dryer, bring them down. and put them away. But my cat will love it because I always spread a hot towel or T-shirt for her -- even in July!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Obviously I don't know how to edit a quote and still have it appear as a quote.

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You wake up, you scan the Libre or check xdrip and you have a lovely flat line between 5 and 6 all night.

Then you do a fingerprint check and you're actually 12 - sensor out or whack and you've probably be high all night.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When you prick your finger to do a BG test and get a small spurting fountain of blood