What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear, tut tut, I’m at a conference in Oxfordshire and did the red wine thing after a couple of g n t’s but I deserved my 8.7 this morning, I left the pastry but couldn’t resist the creamy goo in a lemon tart

Congrats on leaving the pastry though, especially after all the willpower sapping booze!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 today. Lowest for a while. It feels like I've just danced for my life on strictly and got 4 x 10s! Very happy.

Off to pick up grandaughter for hours of fun and laughter. Hope everyone has a positive day. Sun shining here in the north west. So happy as my newly rendered back of house will still be looking good. Was dreading it raining!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 today. Lowest for a while. It feels like I've just danced for my life on strictly and got 4 x 10s! Very happy.

Off to pick up grandaughter for hours of fun and laughter. Hope everyone has a positive day. Sun shining her in the north west. So happy as my newly rendered back of house will still be looking good. Was dreading it raining.

My DN 6 monthly tomorrow (hba1c). I went out with a friend to the cinema yesterday. She works at the hospital. They had boards up for world diabetes day in main entrance. She went to ask a few questions. They were clueless. She also brought me a menu options sheet for patients. It's truly shocking. I will be adding this to my file to take to DN tomorrow!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 at 08.00. This week I am the queen of consistency it would seem. Youngest son coming home from Uni tonight for his birthday weekend. Wants us all to sit around the kitchen table Sat night with lots of wine and Indian takeaway. Easy peasy. Have a great Thursday everyone. Stay well, stay safe and hypo free.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
5.8, creeping up, must be the JD and coke. Got the wife home made szcechuan beef and cauli rice for lunch, it could be erm….unusual but it breaks up the continual salads.

Have a good day all, nearly Friday peeps, wahey.
@trick60 Food sounds magic. Hope you included come Szechuan peppers (hua jiao) amazing little seeds.

Reactions: ianpspurs

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Oh dear, tut tut, I’m at a conference in Oxfordshire and did the red wine thing after a couple of g n t’s but I deserved my 8.7 this morning, I left the pastry but couldn’t resist the creamy goo in a lemon tart
Gin OK, wine OK @Geoffno6 but lemon goo!!!

Reactions: DJC3

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
It was good while it lasted:) but all the 4s Madam was dancing around has ended with a stonking bang 7.2
Can I blame it on the flu jab, cleaning the carpet at 2am because Mr B was sick and didn't quite make it to the bathroom? Or could it have been the 5 frites and the glass of red?:arghh:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
John Lewis Christmas advert is out so lets start buying things only Christmas could possibly convince anyone the world needs:angelic: (Julie, I am thinking crackers especially)
Sunday 25th is stir up Sunday - although these won't keep in the same way (may freeze) here are 2 LC recipes to think about
http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-best-low-carb-christmas-pudding.html
https://sugarfreelondoner.com/low-carb-christmas-pudding/
@SueJB flu jab does raise bg so apportion blame there. Hope Mr B's problem is temporary.

Last edited:

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good morning everyone blood sugar was 4.9 today. I had a diabetic eye test last week and my results are back I have diabetic retinopathy although I’m not sure why my blood sugars are quite well controlled although I do have a problem with my blood pressure. Enjoy your day everyone

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 at 08.00. This week I am the queen of consistency it would seem. Youngest son coming home from Uni tonight for his birthday weekend. Wants us all to sit around the kitchen table Sat night with lots of wine and Indian takeaway. Easy peasy. Have a great Thursday everyone. Stay well, stay safe and hypo free.

My perfect type of Saturday night.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
John Lewis Christmas advert is out so lets start buying things only Christmas could possibly convince anyone the world needs:angelic: (Julie, I am thinking crackers especially)
Sunday 25th is stir up Sunday - although these won't keep in the same way (may freeze) here are 2 LC recipes to think about
http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-best-low-carb-christmas-pudding.html
https://sugarfreelondoner.com/low-carb-christmas-pudding/
@SueJB flu jab does raise bg so apportion blame there. Hope Mr B's problem is temporary.
@ianpspurs I took Mr B to the coach station to catch the plane to Amsterdam. I fly tomorrow.
Great recipes but such a pity both use a microwave, don't have one but perhaps I could go to John Lewis and get one that I won't use or just use once a year! A microwave is for life not just for Christmas.