Cholesterol and Statins

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
David Diamond's talk from Low Carb Houston - A rigorous assessment of the myth that cholesterol causes heart disease:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll put this one here too
The great Dr Ken Berry on his transition to carnivore.
with some thoughts on statins...

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Dave Feldman's latest guest appearance. I havn't viewed it yet, saving it for later. Enjoy.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if we have established Wikipedia editors on the site but someone called "Skeptic from Britain" is trying to get Dr Malcolm Kendrick's Wikipedia page deleted .. not quite sure I can fathom the reasons why as they seem to change with every defence that appears but it seems to me to be censorship.. Is Prof Sir Rory of Statinshire a Wikipedia editor does anyone know?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not sure if we have established Wikipedia editors on the site but someone called "Skeptic from Britain" is trying to get Dr Malcolm Kendrick's Wikipedia page deleted .. not quite sure I can fathom the reasons why as they seem to change with every defence that appears but it seems to me to be censorship.. Is Prof Sir Rory of Statinshire a Wikipedia editor does anyone know?

Is the K in sceptic correct? Otherwise that is not the British spelling which would make me erm... sceptical about the person attempting to have the wiki piece deleted.

Reactions: bulkbiker

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Is the K in sceptic correct? Otherwise that is not the British spelling which would make me erm... sceptical about the person attempting to have the wiki piece deleted.

Agreed. There is no K in the British version of the word.

Reactions: bulkbiker

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
So I fell down the wiki rabbit hole and this caught my eye. Apparently *we* have become non compliant because (a) we have been so gullible as to buy supplents to lower TC or (b) we are victims of fad cult diets that we have been scared into joining with the express wish of lowering TC.
Not at all because of anything we may have figured out...

N.B Take especial note of the kind of language used near the end of this short piece and the lack of ref. links.

https://web.archive.org/web/2017121...atin-denialism-a-deadly-internet-driven-cult/

Hotpepper20000

So I fell down the wiki rabbit hole and this caught my eye. Apparently *we* have become non compliant because (a) we have been so gullible as to buy supplents to lower TC or (b) we are victims of fad cult diets that we have been scared into joining with the express wish of lowering TC.

N.B Take especial note of the kind of language used near the end of this short piece and the lack of ref. links.

https://web.archive.org/web/2017121...atin-denialism-a-deadly-internet-driven-cult/
We really need an eye roll symbol.

Reactions: Guzzler

Hotpepper20000

My blood pressure is on the higher end of normal when I’m at the doctors office, and my Cholesterol is higher then what the doctor would like and the last two times I went she mentioned that both medications are “heart protective” for diabetics.
Twice now I have asked her even though for two years my A1C has been below 40 that is still necessary to “protect my heart”
She said that she couldn’t speak to the effectiveness of these medications with people who have brought their BG undercontrol. As it’s not something that is very common.

I wish doctors realize that there are those of us who research and try to find what is best for us.

Edit to add last paragraph

Last edited:
Reactions: Evie-D

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My blood pressure is on the higher end of normal when I’m at the doctors office, and my Cholesterol is higher then what the doctor would like and the last two times I went she mentioned that both medications are “heart protective” for diabetics.
Twice now I have asked her even though for two years my A1C has been below 40 that is still necessary to “protect my heart”
She said that she couldn’t speak to the effectiveness of these medications with people who have brought their BG undercontrol. As it’s not something that is very common.
Most people with type two don’t improve.

She can't speak to the efficacy but is still willing to prescribe a medication in your case? Yup, we do indeed need an eye roll emoticon.

Reactions: Evie-D

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Well that told us eh?

Hotpepper20000

She can't speak to the efficacy but is still willing to prescribe a medication in your case? Yup, we do indeed need an eye roll emoticon.
To her credit when I asked she did say “I don’t know” and didn’t push the issue.

I agree though there should be more attention given to a individual instead of the label “Diabetic”