Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Mine is usually over 6. What's a good reading? New to this.
Hi @Tracy27. Fasting blood glucose levels can often be higher, often due to 'Dawn Phenomenon' where your liver dumps glucose into your blood stream as you wake to get you going for the day. The NHS recommends that Type 2 diabetics aim for a fasting bg of between 4-7, so in the 6s is good. My fbg is usually in the 6s too.

Screenshot 2018-07-30 at 10.58.43.png

Reactions: Down-Jai 001
D

Deleted member 308541

5.1 at 4.10 am.

Got my test results yesterday, hba1c of 34 again, even with the high sixes just recently it did not stuff it up.

All the other blood tests were good good, the digoxin one was the same as last time so stay on four of those in the morning still.

The new app I have been using has a reasonable charting section, but has a bug in it with some of data entry the dates are mismatched at the bottom. You can see when I went bananas and got put on Metformin.

obB4VJc.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 at 4.10 am.

Got my test results yesterday, hba1c of 34 again, even with the high sixes just recently it did not stuff it up.

All the other blood tests were good good, the digoxin one was the same as last time so stay on four of those in the morning still.

The new app I have been using has a reasonable charting section, but has a bug in it with some of data entry the dates are mismatched at the bottom. You can see when I went bananas and got put on Metformin.

obB4VJc.jpg
Congratulations on fantastic results @Tipetoo - should make for a relaxing time over the festive/holiday season. What do you guys call it can't be Winterval like some parts of UK.

Reactions: bigjim19
D

Deleted member 308541

What do you guys call it can't be Winterval like some parts of UK.
Thanks Ian, summer started on the first of the month so it's a hot festive season here so it's still called xmas or whatever you believe in.

Gunna be a quite one this year, I am not sure if our family and their kids will come across from WA yet.