What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks, **** you Prednisolone, naproxen and all you lousy gang of nasties.
A nasty just less than TEN this morning, tea, kofee, nuts, cheese; now sliding down into low 7s. Just 2 more days of this stuff and then hopefully, once it’s flushed it’s way out of my system, things will revert to normal - whatever that is.
There is the prospect of a walk up a hill later this morning so best get myself organized and drink more kofee.
Have a great day if you can.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Rough night
3.2 at 4am
Currently 4.8
Have a good day
same through the night cumbs im sure its this colder weather like ive said before id love to eat jelly babies when i pleased but not at silly oclock in the morning .ive come to the conclusion that maybe ive got a bit of spare insulin sploshing about somewhere and then bam it strikes .my lows tend to start around tea time then continue through the night b/fast and dinner not so bad but it leaves you exhausted doesnt it like a merry go round at the moment :bigtears:anyway take care my friend sending big hugs xx

Reactions: Cumberland

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
same through the night cumbs im sure its this colder weather like ive said before id love to eat jelly babies when i pleased but not at silly oclock in the morning .ive come to the conclusion that maybe ive got a bit of spare insulin sploshing about somewhere and then bam it strikes .my lows tend to start around tea time then continue through the night b/fast and dinner not so bad but it leaves you exhausted doesnt it like a merry go round at the moment :bigtears:anyway take care my friend sending big hugs xx
My cyberhug must seem like a chocolate teapot but it is the best I can do except add you to my prayers (there may be a different plan though):banghead:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.0 this morning. That’s actually a little high for me. I’m normally disappointed if it doesn’t start with a four.

In my defence though, I slept in late and had been dreaming about chicken thighs wrapped in bacon :hilarious:

LOL you remind me of my friend Arthur, who I'm sure dreams about chicken thighs and even drumsticks wrapped in bacon! When he isn't dreaming about motorcycles ... :hilarious:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1544026612920.jpg

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 and so happy with that. In the 5s again.

It's all coming together nicely re new venture with my gp surgery and local council.

Dear Deborah ,
I took the leaflet xxxx had helped you with and showed the other Practice Managers.
If the council can assist with finding you a room , I can pass the date to the other managers and they will advertise/ invite their diabetic patients. It may have to be a ‘suck it and see’ approach- see if they are interested in attending etc. And you need to be prepared for a slow start... word of mouth helps.
Blackpool council are very passionate about helping to improve health and social care, so we are all very fortunate to have their support.
Personally I would suggest we look at a January date if possible- people are always keen to try something at New Years resolution time! We will support you from the surgery as much as we can. Once we get something sorted, I have worked a little with a journalist for a practice management site who may also publicise . But let’s not run before we walk.
I will wait for xxx to give us some possible availability for a couple of dates for room usage and we can start from there.
Thanks, xxxx

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

Hugs back Karen

Let’s hope for better tomorrow