What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Geoffno6

6.6 for me today after a similar figure yesterday. I feel like one of the clan today and not a ‘9 plus needs to do better’ person. Back in chilly Kent now so no jogs on balmy 22C mornings and I guess in a day or two I’ll be back to my 9 plus FBGs..... or have I turned a corner. More likely my dawn phenomenon is out of kilter and will be back with a vengeance.
Where I want to be is in the ‘disappointed cos it’s over 6 club’

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
6.6 for me today after a similar figure yesterday. I feel like one of the clan today and not a ‘9 plus needs to do better’ person. Back in chilly Kent now so no jogs on balmy 22C mornings and I guess in a day or two I’ll be back to my 9 plus FBGs..... or have I turned a corner. More likely my dawn phenomenon is out of kilter and will be back with a vengeance.
This is an emoji challenge, you almost got a "like" for the 6.6 but then the "I guess in a day or two I’ll be back to my 9 plus FBGs" lost it for you, so now I'm struggling, you are at serious risk of not getting anything today, you've only got yourself to blame though!

hehe, have a great day :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
With your work ethic you'll get there. Hate the phrase personally but we are all on a spectrum making fbg highly individualised. Never take other people's levels as targets. Concentrate on slow, steady, lasting lowering of your own.

Reactions: Geoffno6 and jjraak

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all, I've been visiting my daughter near Manchester and friends in Liverpool so havent done much apart from drive eat and drink over the last few days. Driving OMG what a wind up it is in our small country,. Trying to get from one halve of the country to the other requires the patience of JOB. The eating out was good, my favourite place was a Chinese canteen in Liverpool populated by Chinese students , no English and menus in Chinese. I managed to get a kind of broth with added ingredients achieved by pointing. The cost was £1 per item . Fantastic and around a fiver. Most underwhelming meal was the tasting menu at Masterchef winner ROSKI . £75 per plate + wine for a very theatrically presented series of plates with smears of food on them . This was meant to be a treat and while Im glad to have experienced the food as entertainment event it is in no way sustainable. It was recommended by Jay Rayner who I'm sure is able to claim the bill on expenses which I am not ! Anyhow after all that food and oh so many drinks I'm happy to have a fasting blood glucose level of 5.8 this morning. Have a great week end all.....

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Actually remembered to do my fbs! 6.3 lowest reading since I started testing have a good day everyone
Nice one bexd....and a warm welcome to the club from me..:D

mine was a rather agreeable 6.1..tested standing by the kettle...:)

i seemed to hitting slightly lower scores most days now then previous, so hopefully that points to better control.

Liking that ian...:)

a tad similar to golf, where despite myself, the aim IS to improve your own best score and move through the rankings, rather then try to outdo your partner...that is where the 'good form' comes from.
(So they say..i never really got over that 'Competitiveness' i suffered from...LoL )

@Fenn...funny LoL.:D

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all
5.8 today which pleased me ( after a small session of hand weight exercises last night - thanks for your encouragement @ianpspurs )
Getting downstairs to find the kitchen flooded again ruined the mood. Don’t know where the bloke who was supposed to be fixing our chimney has got to, I’m sure he’ll be here ‘dreckly’ ( which appears to be Cornish for sometime next year)
@OrsonKartt I’ve also found that the price of a meal doesn’t always correspond to my enjoyment of it. The Chinese mixed up soup thing sounds great though.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, folks.

@dunelm -- Good to see you back.
@Ziggy2017 -- Hope the DN can help you figure out what's going on. Keeping my fingers crossed.
@Bexd12 -- Welcome to the thread and well done on getting your blood sugars down.
@DJC3 -- Hope he comes and gets your chimney fixed very soon.

Blood sugars were 5.1 this morning.

Have a great weekend all.

M

Member496333

The weather sucks too badly this morning for my regular dawn stroll. Time to pump some iron and flex those muscles.

Don’t get too excited, ladies. Think Mr. Muscle rather than Tom Cruise :hungry:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not up until 07:30 needed an extra hour or so's sleep had to dash off to work yesterday afternoon...nothing planned today...possibly wrap the last couple of Christmas presents...drink coffee & walk 'phat boy'...woke to a 5.6.