Type 1'stars R Us

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I’ve brought it down from years of running in the teens since getting Libre and going low carb in January. I feel rank above 8 now! It’s just a case of letting yourself adjust, but I do aim for non-diabetic numbers now, and my mild complications seem to be healing. But that Libre trace was way below my calibrated one for the night, Spike said around 5, which is what I aim all my devices to get me to. So while I get the physical symptoms of a hypo, my brain runs on ketones now rather than glucose, so I can think perfectly clearly and not overcorrect it - I’m working on perfecting the art of getting back up to no higher than 6 after I’ve gone low! If I drop below 4 I’ll put a temporary basal of 0% on for half an hour and take one 3g dextrose tab - two if it’s below 3.5. That brings me up gently and I’ll be back to normal in half an hour without overshooting.

@porl69 - did you say you’d booked Ed Gamble tickets for the 27th in Cardiff? Booked ours last night!
Yeah we are going on the Saturday

Reactions: kev-w

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Glad to hear you roof has been sorted.

As for your Libre figures OMG I have no idea how you cope with those. If I even start to get near to 4 I will have a slight wobble. Anything less than 3.5 and it lets do something to correct this. I suppose in my case its years of running around 8 and 9 for most of time

I can get the shakes between 4 and 5

We’re all different

Reactions: CranberryIce

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Pretty sure it’s not supposed to look like that...

View attachment 29897

Maybe your super, high powered auto immune system is demonstrating it does not like insulin beta cells AND now has exerted it’s powers to defeat CGM too. Maybe... :nailbiting:

That’s scary powerful

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Our roof is also leaking, not pouring in but clearly damp. This the season...
On a positive I have the plumber booked to replace the leaky radiator in the living room.
Cars seem to be working.
Had salmon and green beans for lunch.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
That looks like the filament...is it working?
Nope. Had to pop another one on! Will call Abbott on Monday.
Yeah we are going on the Saturday
Will see you there!
Maybe your super, high powered auto immune system is demonstrating it does not like insulin beta cells AND now has exerted it’s powers to defeat CGM too. Maybe... :nailbiting:

That’s scary powerful
Hehehe. My immune system definitely hates me if it’s made me allergic to bacon and cheese... but the new one seems to be working ok.
Eeeuw - how rigid is that sticky-outy bit? Defo can't be right:(
Quite bendy. I think it’s the sheath of the filament that sits inside the sensor, once I’d taken it off I could push it all back through. Quite interesting really, lucky I had a spare! Rang the pharmacy, and they’re going to put in an emergency prescription for me on Monday.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Hehehe. My immune system definitely hates me if it’s made me allergic to bacon and cheese... but the new one seems to be working ok.

Last year mine developed a serous issues with neosporin ointment while trying to heal some road rash. I thought neosporin was completely inert.

mahola

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I knew it was a bad idea coming back to this forum. A comment has really got to me tonight. It's just a stupid internet forum FGS! :banghead:

I'm going to raid the xmas choc tub... :***:

Reactions: kev-w

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I knew it was a bad idea coming back to this forum. A comment has really got to me tonight. It's just a stupid internet forum FGS! :banghead:

I'm going to raid the xmas choc tub... :***:

Mahola - You have the Report button at your liberty. That is what it is designed for.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@mahola don’t take anything in this forum to heart, unless it’s in this thread then you can retaliate with both barrels :D

Shrug and move on.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
2 meetings last week, one involving a 2 km walk to and fro the bus. Aching joints and muscles ever since and upped insulin bolus and basal by 20% to keep BSLs decent. Just feeling off with no specific other symptoms except some dizziness.
But the weather is hot and maybe I got dehydrated despite taking in lots of fluid?
Or maybe the food at the meetings luncheons upset the applecart in some way??
Feel like a spaced out penguin !!
IMG_3275 (1).jpg

Reactions: Cumberland