What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK, I have no idea what the Frampton and camel thing is -- must be a guy thing. OK. :D

Moving right along ... 6.8 for me at 5:20 this morning when I woke up so dizzy I had to test lying down. Heart racing, which is why I tested, but 6.8 is certainly not a low. So, with no other symptoms, and able to walk as far as the bathroom and back, I just drank some water and lay back down, figuring it was partly the caffeine in the Coke Zero at supper, partly the Atkins low-carb protein bar at bedtime, and having slept on my stomach with my head turned sideways for 4 hours (my usual sleeping position). Whatever.

I went back to sleep and woke again at 10:30 feeling much better and now after breakfast and coffee I am basically back to normal-for-me but am going to stay off the computer after posting here and on my other BB hangout. Cat is feeling fine and has curled up to sleep in my lap so we are good for a restful Saturday.

Cheers, everyone!

thesmileyone

Coke Zero is really bad I have found, it seems to trigger insulin response without having any sugar in it to get processed. I really wouldn't drink it at bed time.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Coke Zero is really bad I have found, it seems to trigger insulin response without having any sugar in it to get processed. I really wouldn't drink it at bed time.

Thanks. You are right, and it also puts weight on. I tried to talk myself out of it last night but the rare roast beef deserved more than a glass of water, I thought. (But I guess what my body deserved was the glass of water.)

(But going down to the Coke machine in the laundry room last night I ran into two neighbors and one dog, so we had a nice chat.)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today b4 im sozzled
FB_IMG_1544265327724.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Heh with rare roast beef you would probably be better off with a (single) glass of red wine (for heart health) than coke zero :p
You can have your first like for that @thesmileyone but I don't know if @SaskiaKC drinks wine. Peter Frampton was a popular musician you honour, with a group called Frampton's camel. One of his ditties was entitled show me the way as per the highlighted section of hon member for Stamford Bridge North's post.

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG - no idea, the Libre ran out at 1am but .... my 8th Nov bloods are thru Hba1c at 51, down from 57 in August and 126 in June so still some way to go but maybe I’m winning

well done of cause you will get even better numbers now you know the way to go... well done dear !!!!

Reactions: Geoffno6

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, @ianpspurs and @thesmileyone . I rarely drink wine (and I figured someone would post that it goes better with rare roast beef than Coke Zero! ;) ). I shopped for some moscato last week because I do like it a little but it is WAY too full of sugar.

I never knew before that Peter Frampton had a group called the camel. Cheers and a hug despite the score today.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Long time no see! FBG (and BG in general) a bit hit and miss the past week or so. This morning stands at exactly 5. Happy Sunday all - baking, long walk and resuming sofa search (new one delivered yesterday didn’t fit through the door) for me.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.5 this morning - much earlier than usual. Staying at my daughter’s house and Ive been awake for a while trying to summon the energy needed to go downstairs to the loo at the risk of waking the 3 dogs and starting them off. Mission accomplished, Im fully awake now though ( and probably the rest of the household is too)

@Goonergal good luck with the sofa search today - must have been so frustrating to send the other one back.