What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 today but I think my weekend Xmas do caught up with me. I thought I got away with it but I should know better. Or it could be that I had 8 small pieces of choccy the father in law gave hubby to try. Rum, nut and raisin. I fancied a cup of tea about 10pm and I really don't know why but succumbed to it with that. I haven't had such chocolate in such a long time, apart from 85% and even then only 2 pieces. It was nice while it lasted!

Have a good day everyone.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

Mum's visitor has postponed her arrival for one day and is now bringing her son with her requiring a minor replan, such is life ;)

I really must get my Christmas cards that need to go in the post done today. I seem to be running a little late this year, anyone would think they'd moved Christmas :hilarious:

@ianpspurs Mum's bits have survived the festooning, all except an item mum unearthed out of one of her cupboards - a plastic 7 mock candle display thing which plugs into the mains without a earth, mr. gee accidentally stepped on it ;)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. I survived...it wasnt anything as bad as expected but two hour delay so got to bed in Pembroke 3am. Not surprising 7.5 FBG at 0800. Will be glad to get home this afternoon.
Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well safe and hypo free.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

Mum's visitor has postponed her arrival for one day and is now bringing her son with her requiring a minor replan, such is life ;)

I really must get my Christmas cards that need to go in the post done today. I seem to be running a little late this year, anyone would think they'd moved Christmas :hilarious:

@ianpspurs Mum's bits have survived the festooning, all except an item mum unearthed out of one of her cupboards - a plastic 7 mock candle display thing which plugs into the mains without a earth, mr. gee accidentally stepped on it ;)
How vary dare your good man step on mum's bits. Definitely an ouchy as my grandson would say - did mum demand a treat as he would?:angelic:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Coming live from the JJ stadium

Match report.

Game has just finished
Final score FBG 5.9,

Another good result for the team
Drifting down for the 6.2's of recent days/weeks and far from the early seasons woeful 6.8's+

I think it was the transferring in of new Manager/Coach, ex Dutch National Manager, De-Couk, that seems to have helped the team turn a corner

New training pattern seems to have breathed new life into a somewhat lacklustre team of late.
with hearts at the centre, Lungs at the back all doing ok work in defense, but being let down by some inept displays from others..
Kidneys clearly just going through the motions on the wings, and then underperforming midfield team captain, De Liver,
alongside Pancreas, ( who lets be fair, has had a shocker of a season so far )

All the team are now performing much better under the new Coaches guidance.
training has been stepped up, 2 1/2 mile run yesterday tied in to the dieticians improved menu, seems to have done the trick.
and the team are not just faster to the ball, they are lighter as well, average weight is now 201 lbs

Competition amongst the team has increased, and all are now working it seems with a greater understanding of the managers Game Plan.
Lungs and legs are now competing to be number ONE, with great support for the team.
De Liver now laying off those pinpoint passes we got so used to seeing,
in fact the whole team are just simply singing off the same hymn sheet now.

From early season relegation candidates,, this team now look to be in with a shout of some silverware this season.

Back to the studio

Last edited:
M

Member496333

Back to normal at 4.6mmol/L this morning after not dreaming about bacon. Yes I know that not dreaming about bacon is just plain weird, but there you have it.

Could it be possible that even just dreaming about food can cause a glucose response? That would be very trippy if ever proven by science. Not that the science of diabetes is interested in anything other than selling pharmaceuticals, but you get my drift.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Coming live from the JJ stadium

Match report.

Game has just finished
Final score FBG 5.9,

Another good result for the team
Drifting down for the 6.2's of recent days/weeks and far from the early seasons woeful 6.8's+

I think it was the transferring in of new Manager/Coach, ex Dutch National Manager, De-Couk, that seems to have helped the team turn a corner

New training pattern seems to have breathed new life into a somewhat lacklustre team of late.
with hearts at the centre, Lungs at the back all doing ok work in defense, but being let down by some inept displays from others..
Kidneys clearly just going through the motions on the wings, and then underperforming midfield team captain, De Liver,
alongside Pancreas, ( who lets be fair, has had a shocker of a season so far )

All the team are now performing much better under the new Coaches guidance.
training has been stepped up, 2 1/2 mile run yesterday tied in to the dieticians improved menu, seems to have done the trick.
and the team are not just faster to the ball, they are lighter as well, average weight is now 201 lbs

Competition amongst the team has increased, and all are now working it seems with a greater understanding of the managers Game Plan.
Lungs and legs are now competing to be number ONE, with great support for the team.
De Liver now laying off those pinpoint passes we got so used to seeing,
in fact the whole team are just simply singing off the same hymn sheet now.

From early season relegation candidates,, this team now look to be in with a shout of some silverware this season.

Back to the studio
Very creative - not seen from your lot since Alan Hudson:angelic: Guess you win trophies by being functional so "as you were" keep leaning in (loving the progress and optimism chief)

Reactions: Cumberland

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6. I was only diagnosed this past July and I just had my first bout with having elevated levels (6s and 7s - still in range, but elevated for me) for a period of time (a week) for no reason. I'm not sick. No diet changes. Boy, that's discouraging, eh?

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1544026502351.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6. I was only diagnosed this past July and I just had my first bout with having elevated levels (6s and 7s - still in range, but elevated for me) for a period of time (a week) for no reason. I'm not sick. No diet changes. Boy, that's discouraging, eh?
Don't be discouraged, it happens. Some causes are never explained but a few favourites are new pots of strips; batteries in meter need changing; random diabetesness:arghh: