What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
A busy start to the week with an early train to catch and time to test, but not to post.
I started my day with a 5.7.
Happy with our Christmas tree that went up yesterday, and with the train track running around it. My inner child and my two real children are very happy.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6. I was only diagnosed this past July and I just had my first bout with having elevated levels (6s and 7s - still in range, but elevated for me) for a period of time (a week) for no reason. I'm not sick. No diet changes. Boy, that's discouraging, eh?
Happened to me a couple weeks back - 6 days of constant high 6’s - 8’s when I’m usually never above 6.0. A new batch of strips, tested using both and the old one was indeed reading a lot higher. So it may be something like that - try not to worry

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal -- Super news on the sofa. Hope the 6 cm are going to make a difference. Have you tried moving the sofa through the window?

Hi Ziggy. Thanks. No, they didn’t try the window - not sure that is big enough anyway. It was literally a cm or so that stopped them getting it in, so one 6cm shorter should be fine.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very creative - not seen from your lot since Alan Hudson:angelic: Guess you win trophies by being functional so "as you were" keep leaning in (loving the progress and optimism chief)

haha...Like it :headphone:.
Alan Hudson used to live in my street..(true story) and us lads had the pleasure of a kickabout against him a few times before he went to chelsea.

Btw, did you miss seeing the weekends scores by chance..,<Cough>.City <Cough>..;)

Yep, diabetes may play a mean game, but i think it's underestimated a good portion of the members on here.
Something i hope to emulate,.

Diabetes, best learn that if thinks it can drag me down without a fight, it's sadly mistaken,
there'll there be much Gnashing of teeth, kicking, scratching, gouging & biting going on..

( But cheers for the boost up, much appreciated. )

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak love your newscast. You have inspired me to start thinking of my own insides as a herd of horses and making a winning team with me holding the reins for a different sort of coaching.

Liking the analogy of horses...

I'll watch for that newscast when your ready.

glad you enjoyed a slightly different take on the days battle scores.:).

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Boo. Little worried.

FBg has always been around 5. Had a 7 this morning. Has been slowly climbing for the last 10 days or so.
Re tested and got a 6.5 and a 6.7. Stress is down at work too. So cannot blame that.

Hopefully just a bump...