What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just learned that there is a different kind of HiPo --
HiPo -- apparently a nickname for a Highland Pony --
and now I want one --
with all that lovely elevation I think he would bring my #s down!

LINNYFLYCUT1_op_800x540_op_720x486.jpg

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Night everyone just back from freeman’s in Newcastle I haven’t been very well and what I thought was a cold they think it’s the dreaded rhinovirus back. Rhinovirus is a big pain in the bum I’ve had it 3 times this year :banghead: anyway I’m going to try and get a good nights sleep. Good night everyone

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Night everyone just back from freeman’s in Newcastle I haven’t been very well and what I thought was a cold they think it’s the dreaded rhinovirus back. Rhinovirus is a big pain in the bum I’ve had it 3 times this year :banghead: anyway I’m going to try and get a good nights sleep. Good night everyone
Hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: Cumberland

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Goodnight. Take care of yourself. Get well.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak Yes I think the letter was to arrive at 10am, bring a packed lunch as there would be a break and expect to be finished by 3pm at latest. So not a full day, but would have needed that full day off work. I’d already spent 2 weeks on here reading prior to the appointment coming through and felt that I could afford to miss out on the wealth of info I’m sure i was going to receive. This forum is my giant comfort blanket. People who understand, empathise, sympathise and also those who will give you a good kick up the behind when you need it. I’m only at the start of my journey but know I’m going to be on here throughout, hopefully one day being one of those success stories that can dish out advice! :)
Good call Emma...I attended a DESMOND course a couple of years ago...I'm still traumatised by it...one of the most useless ill informed courses I have ever attended...I couldn't believe what I was hearing...you've missed nothing.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...wide awake at 04:00 for no particular reason...not wanting to waste any time thought I'd do a spot of early morning banking...the wonderful TSB are 'updating' their online banking service (again)...after the last update to their online banking services it was impossible to use the site for several weeks despite their reassurances it would be completed over a weekend...so I won't be holding my breath...woke to a 5.6.

M

Member496333

@Jim Lahey I smile every time I see your avatar. I didn't know Trailer Park Boys aired in the UK, it's a real Canadian institution. Unfortunately the actor in your avatar who played Leahy, John Dunsworth passed away last October at age 71. :(

Hi! It’s never “aired” in the UK to my knowledge but it has a bit of a cult following. I’ve been watching it for several years, obtained via the internet. The most recent ‘new era’ seasons were picked up by Netflix and I believe they now have all of it in their catalogue. Yeah I’m aware that Mr. Lahey recently died. Very sad :(

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Felicitations fellow prick-and-tellites. Today's story from the Jackanory meter was 5.3 which is not in my 5 year plan but is evidently all I deserve. Oh well, good result last night, nothing appears to have dropped off overnight and I have found my England rugby hoodie so things to work with there. Yep, those straws are being clutched tightly.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 greets me this morning. Along with the feeling a herd of elephants trampled all over me last night. Aching all over is something of an understatement. But, no rest for the wicked as they say so putting a smile on my face and hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday :)