What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Geoffno6

Good call Emma...I attended a DESMOND course a couple of years ago...I'm still traumatised by it...one of the most useless ill informed courses I have ever attended...I couldn't believe what I was hearing...you've missed nothing.

Just read 47 posts here to catch up, @Bubbsie s re DESMOND was my favourite ....
I'm still traumatised by it...one of the most useless ill informed courses I have ever attended..
I did our Kent version which is DERRIK, a nice lady trying to put over a script she’d lost faith in.
Glad Spurs scraped home for Ian and England last night. Did I miss Emma’s results coming in?
Good BG for @Fenn , you’re getting there,
Hang tough Penguin Mum
And remind me not to take advice from the Canadian Wheat Marketing board, shall we get the infants to write a sensible school dinners menu???
8.6 for me this morning which is well below the scary 10s so no reason for gloom

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone, Can't say I'm happy with the state of Madam's affairs at the moment but not at all surprised.
A stonking 6.1 but had a horrid hypo 2.8 and yes I ate glucose as though it was going out of fashion and clearly far too many fruit pastilles, stollen and a scoop of Oppo ice cream on the side.
Might be a fasting day today or maybe just one meal but definitely no bread.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone a nice 5.3 today although it may be down to the burger I had last night from Smash burger in Newcastle very nice meal though so worth a slightly higher BG. Enjoy your day everyone only 13 days until Christmas :)

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Morning everyone, Can't say I'm happy with the state of Madam's affairs at the moment but not at all surprised.
A stonking 6.1 but had a horrid hypo 2.8 and yes I ate glucose as though it was going out of fashion and clearly far too many fruit pastilles, stollen and a scoop of Oppo ice cream on the side.
Might be a fasting day today or maybe just one meal but definitely no bread.
We would probably win all the eating world records when in hypo mode lol.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 at 0800 so back in the ball park though hardly ate yesterday. Sigh...
Am having flaxseed roll and fasting till dinner.
@Ziggy2017 sorry to hear about the rhinovirus stay warm and hope you get better soon.
Have a good Wednesday everyone. Stay well, safe and hypo free.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 this morning, being off work doesn't suit me, I tried baking low carb Christmas puddings yesterday which were alright once I'd scraped the black bits off, the middle was a bit runny though.....I'm still calling it a winner although cooking times and temps may need adjustment.
Have a good day folks.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Help anyone....what should I do? 7.3 at 0800. Only cup of tea consumed very little milk in. Now its 8.5 at 11.30. Should I try and fast or eat something?
PenguinMum I never fare well with my BG when I've had nothing to eat for breakfast...like yours has my BG goes up...even when I cannot face breakfast with a very early start I make sure I grab something while I'm on the road...you could try eating first thing then testing as usual.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
PenguinMum I never fare well with my BG when I've had nothing to eat for breakfast...like yours has my BG goes up...even when I cannot face breakfast with a very early start I make sure I grab something while I'm on the road...you could try eating first thing then testing as usual.
Thanks for reply @Bubbsie I think you are right. I tend to have a small breakfast usually a flaxseed muffin or keto cheese scone with loads of butter. But when I see really high FBG I panic about eating anything. What I should do is probs have a chunk of cheese or 2 scrambled eggs to stop the DP. As they say you live and learn.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today. Didn't dare test yesterday because of the day before! Xmas afternoon low carb lunch (naked burger and halloumi fries followed by cheese board that came with a bottle of wine!) which went way into the evening from 1pm. Just 2 of us. Me and a girly friend. Catching up. I had more wine than i should but it hits me more now that im 4 stone lighter than this time last year and eating the lchf woe. We has such a good time so I'm not beating myself up about it. Actually had a 5.1 before my dinner last night and 6.1 after. Home made chilli (kind of....I used a jar of Lloyd Grossman which was lowest carbs I could find, with my minced steak) cauli rice and a few green beans. Delicious.

Today my shopping plans have changed... slow puncture!!!

Have a great day everyone.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Coming live from the JJ stadium

Match report.

Game has just finished
Final score FBG 5.9,

Another good result for the team
Drifting down for the 6.2's of recent days/weeks and far from the early seasons woeful 6.8's+

I think it was the transferring in of new Manager/Coach, ex Dutch National Manager, De-Couk, that seems to have helped the team turn a corner

New training pattern seems to have breathed new life into a somewhat lacklustre team of late.
with hearts at the centre, Lungs at the back all doing ok work in defense, but being let down by some inept displays from others..
Kidneys clearly just going through the motions on the wings, and then underperforming midfield team captain, De Liver,
alongside Pancreas, ( who lets be fair, has had a shocker of a season so far )

All the team are now performing much better under the new Coaches guidance.
training has been stepped up, 2 1/2 mile run yesterday tied in to the dieticians improved menu, seems to have done the trick.
and the team are not just faster to the ball, they are lighter as well, average weight is now 201 lbs

Competition amongst the team has increased, and all are now working it seems with a greater understanding of the managers Game Plan.
Lungs and legs are now competing to be number ONE, with great support for the team.
De Liver now laying off those pinpoint passes we got so used to seeing,
in fact the whole team are just simply singing off the same hymn sheet now.

From early season relegation candidates,, this team now look to be in with a shout of some silverware this season.

Back to the studio
Brilliant!!!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

planning a quiet day today with a walk later after I've finished writing the Christmas cards and sent the remaining bits away ;)

Got some stuff to batch cook and freeze this morning too.

Hope your day treats you well :)