What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 6.2 today didn’t move about enough yesterday.
Wondering which Christmas jumper to wear? Choices choices.
Bloke finally coming to fix our chimney this afternoon so the kitchen doesn’t flood everytime it rains. Fingers crossed it stays dry.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are sunbathing, don't forget the suncream.
Been absent again sorry, but I can report a 5.4 on the meter this morning and our recycling dustbins have been emptied.
On a sad note, Mrs J has just staggered down stairs and in a few seconds will be issuing my instructions for the day. I shall nod attentively not listen to word, while hoping she soon goes out to the day leaving me unsupervised hehehehe

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 which I would normally be disappointed with. But on going to bed it was 7.8 so I'm actually twerking here ar the 6.3!!!

Full of a cold. But feel slightly better than I did yesterday so all good :)

Happy Friday folks.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Morning all,
I found my handbag yesterday and did a little dance. Obviously it was the wrong one, madam's shot up to 7.8. It may well have been the Montezuma's absolute black that did it:banghead::arghh:
Have to get on my bike
Where do you get Montezuma's absolute black from.

Is it Keto supplements UK I have not seen it in any shops around here.

https://ketosupplements.co.uk

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 this morning. Out to a kindof Christmas lunch yesterday just had one course chicken pan fried with exotic mushrooms, green cabbage and crispy kale. In the evening had 3 scrambled eggs.
Happy Christmas jumper day one and all. Stay well, get better, stay safe and hypo free.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Where do you get Montezuma's absolute black from.

Is it Keto supplements UK I have not seen it in any shops around here.

https://ketosupplements.co.uk
Hi @JohnEGreen I bought my last lot from Sainsbury's but I've also seen it in Morrisons but we haven't got one in Oxford
It's great choc as there's only 8g per 100g, 100% cocoa so takes some getting used to but I love it

Reactions: HarryBeau

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1544026416164.jpg

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Hope everyone is well! It is cold, but brilliant sunshine in Leicestershire so far!! I am a bit puzzled and wondered whether anyone may be able to advise? There may be similar question already answered in the forum but I haven't had any luck in finding the thread as yet! In between meals during the day my levels hover in the late mmol/L 4s - 4.6 to 4.8. 90 to 120 minutes after first bite the levels hovering between 5.8 to 6.1. This morning, after approximately 8 hours sleep, I woke up, and before I put anything in my mouth, I thought to my self, lets test the BG for the first time? The result was mmol/L 5.6. How does that work then? I get lower readings in between meals (say 4 hours between meals) but first thing in the morning after a long night's sleep, the reading is higher? Is there something that I missing here? Does anyone have any feedback on this please? many thanks! Best wishes to all. Theo

Last edited:

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Roulis many people have higher bg readings first thing in the morning. It's usually due to 'Dawn Phenomenon', or the Somoji Effect, where your liver dumps stored glucose into your bloodstream as you wake to give you an energy boost as you get going.
Non-diabetics can get it too. Your's aren't too high. As long as it is 7 or under it's ok.

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Roulis many people have higher bg readings first thing in the morning. It's usually due to 'Dawn Phenomenon', or the Somoji Effect, where your liver dumps stored glucose into your bloodstream as you wake to give you an energy boost as you get going.
Non-diabetics can get it too. Your's aren't too high. As long as it is 7 or under it's ok.
Thank you for your reply. That makes sense now! Have a good afternoon. best wishes . Theo.

M

Member496333

Yep. Perfectly normal. The liver can manufacture glucose from liver glycogen, amino acids or even fatty acids if it needs to. Otherwise people would die in their sleep. Dawn phenomenon is a result of hormonal signaling for your liver to secrete glucose in order to give you the energy to wake from sleep and start your day. I believe mostly cortisol and adrenaline, but I’m unsure.

Sweet numbers by the way! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
LOL @karen8967 I love that poster -- not only is it a good thought for the day but it reminds me of my neighbor who I've been told actually does the former when being driven in another neighbor's car.

@ianpspurs why must I stir my beverage anticlockwise? Or is that just for lefties? (I wish I'd read your post before I made my coffee! :D) Have a wonderful time with your grandchildren.

6.6 this foggy morning. The street outside is wet so I'm extra-glad I mailed my present to Hawaii friend yesterday. This time of year walking in a light wind is preferable to walking in mist.

I never heard of Christmas jumper day before and I don't even have one but I do have some new red sweatpants that I can wear with my Christmas socks to the Advent class today.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

I've been fasting - yesterday morning was 5.6 and I prefer to be 4.0 - 5.4. Fasting seems to reset my numbers when they are trending up (I'm fortunate that I don't get elevated numbers due to dawn phenomena but if my morning number is higher, it tends to stay higher throughout that day).

As well, I still have weight to lose, (it helps with that as well) I'm getting close to that psychological barrier of 200 lbs. I'm now wearing size 16 pants for the first time since my daughter was born (she'll be 32 on Jan 3rd), I started at 3X (24) 4 sizes bigger.

This morning I awoke a tad low 3.9 (prefer to be 4.0 or higher). I just finished breakfast.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
LOL @karen8967 I love that poster -- not only is it a good thought for the day but it reminds me of my neighbor who I've been told actually does the former when being driven in another neighbor's car.

@ianpspurs why must I stir my beverage anticlockwise? Or is that just for lefties? (I wish I'd read your post before I made my coffee! :D) Have a wonderful time with your grandchildren.

6.6 this foggy morning. The street outside is wet so I'm extra-glad I mailed my present to Hawaii friend yesterday. This time of year walking in a light wind is preferable to walking in mist.

I never heard of Christmas jumper day before and I don't even have one but I do have some new red sweatpants that I can wear with my Christmas socks to the Advent class today.
Actually, you should stir North to South but anti clockwise shows a certain rebellious streak one thinks
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/you-stirring-your-cup-tea-12285414

Reactions: Cumberland