What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Roulis.

Great progress, my friend..very impressive.
i was officially just a few weeks behind you in getting diagnosed.
so you are inspiring me.

( i'm just getting steady reading in the 5's of late. )

the conversion is on the Home page, if you don't already know,
and from how i see it, your calculations are spot on.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/hba1c-units-converter.html

long may it continue.
Good Morning! I hope that all is well with you! Thank you very much for your encouraging and supporting feedback! It is really appreciated! Very Low Carb Diet and 3-4 times per week physical activity - mainly playing badminton - seems to work very well for me at present. I shall continue with the same program and lets see the outcome few months down the line! All the very best wishes. Theo.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
  • . OT I still can't properly tame an average .4 difference between fbg and IF breakfast level - the SIT/MIT route seems the only way. Just reading an article on the matter now. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4619258/ Think the conclusion is just move about a bit
Update: So I did an hour medium intensity on the exercise bike. Came off and tested 3.9. Has possibilities that one. Nordic or dog walking outdoors won't work as intensity seemingly too high due to back issues affecting walking. May help some of you deal with DP but finding the right exercise seems likely to be highly individual. I mislaid my HR monitor so no idea of % max but probably around the 65-70 level based on experience/records. Hope it helps someone. Oh yes, cold symptoms magically gone atm.:)

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
  • Thanks for the advice @DJC3 My sniffles seem to disappear once I drink tea which may coincide with our heating taking effect. Woodburner seems to heat the lounge overnight so usually around 20 when I stumble in nowadays - mostly seem to be avoiding the 3.30 routine just now. OT I still can't properly tame an average .4 difference between fbg and IF breakfast level - the SIT/MIT route seems the only way. Just reading an article on the matter now. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4619258/ Think the conclusion is just move about a bit
  • @PenguinMum I would say you are putting too much pressure on your boy through fasting so long and yearning for good results. Re toddies, I really don't see a LC version ever working - no honey, no ribena - all the Pusser's rum in the world won't put that right:arghh:

Glad the 3:30 waking has improved. Have to agree that tea cures most ills, and cheers one up even if it doesn’t cure. Keep taking the medicine.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well it's happened................I have cold!! It's official, sore throat, cough, nose running like a tap, painful kidneys (I always get this with cold, don't ask me why) headache the list goes on, queue the whining and whingeing!! Oh and a 13.3 this morning, which just about underlines it. Nurse!! Nurse!! pleases help me!!

Ha ha ha, sodding hate cold! :):) Can you tell!! On a positive note no fog on my travel to work!!

Take care everyone.
im the same john ive had to higher both basal and bolus last couple of days but it is easing off now hope it passes quickly for you :)was a cold one this morning especially with the wind :(

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On the cold front -- sending hugs and hot toddies to all of you who are suffering with colds. I imagine it's cold comfort to say better now than over Christmas, but I hope all your colds are long gone by then.

FBG 6.6 this lovely pale pink-and-grey morning here. I'm hoping the clouds will clear so I can see the Geminids meteor shower before sunrise tomorrow.

Someone on Magnum once recommended this for a cold. Sounds delicious to me. --

228520_1_1_1.jpg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.6 this morning.

Cold and windy weather here but we've been moving about most of the day ;)

All these suggestions for hot toddy's are making me contemplate recipes to see what I can come up with :) We're going to a Christmas meal at the charity we volunteer at next week so I shall be making experiments for christmasish puddings over the weekend (I volunteered to take my own along as the pud. with the meal is going to be trifle), should have seen their faces when I said that so long as I get a plate with turkey, sausages and brussell sprouts I'll be happy :hilarious:

Hope your day is going well :)

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening every one! My measurements tonight are:Before meal, mmol/L=4.6. Approximately 90 minutes after first bite,which included a moderate to fair amount of 10 year old GlenMorangie, mmol/L 5.4. It looks like a decent single scotch malt,, combined with a bare minimum Carb dinner does the job nicely! Cheers everyone!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love your posts. So well written and fun.

Sorry for late reply,
(Prefer the laptop to make a decent reply.)

Thank you @Debandez ..very kind.
Glad you enjoy..and may i return the compliment, i love the enthusiasm you show, it shines through in every post.

Hope tomorrow finds your cold has waned somewhat. :)

Reactions: Cumberland

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very heartwarming to see so many people having such amazing success controlling their diabetes.
In my view it’s a direct reflection of what a wonderfully informative and supportive community this is.

And to those who may feel they’re still struggling a little, keep taking baby steps, and draw inspiration knowing there’s always room for improvement.
You’re in the safest hands possible here with folk who have all been there before. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Couldn't agree more, Mr Lahey.
and so eloquently put..Top man.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quote for today

Right,

@karen8967
Love those daily quotes...:happy:

And @SaskiaKC ..i can see how 60% might help you forget you've got a cold..
sadly for the greedy like me, ..that second or third one ....and you'll probably forget your name and which ways is up, as well..:D.
( magnum what a great show that was.)

best wishes for tomorrow for all those under the weather.
may the turn of the day bring welcome relief.