What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Right,

@karen8967
Love those daily quotes...:happy:

And @SaskiaKC ..i can see how 60% might help you forget you've got a cold..
sadly for the greedy like me, ..that second or third one ....and you'll probably forget your name and which ways is up, as well..:D.
( magnum what a great show that was.)

LOL that's just what the man said on Magnum. You won't care so much that you have the cold.

Reactions: Cumberland

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To everyone with colds, and everyone with lows, and everyone else with diabetes and without:

60072-hedgehugs.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cold morning here for Christmas jumper day. 4.8 on the Lyin Ted Cruzometer. 2 nights of grandchildren sleeping to come - having a 4 month old baby to care for again will be interesting. Having her big (6) brother will be just about perfect. I will be wearing Christmas jumper No1 today (nothing to do with grandson liking it) - wore No2 earlier in the week. Have great days and remember to stir your hot beverage of choice anti-clockwise.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a much better sleep last night...lots to do today...first the post office to make sure my parcels get where they should before Christmas...then a long walk with 'phat boy'...succumbed to seasonal temptation yesterday...my neighbour arrived with shortbread (ate three)...then later some hot buttered crumpets to take the edge of this dammed cold weather...the good news no more crumpets left in the freezer...the shortbread has been removed from the premises & I woke to a 5.3.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...a much better sleep last night...lots to do today...first the post office to make sure my parcels get where they should before Christmas...then a long walk with 'phat boy'...succumbed to seasonal temptation yesterday...my neighbour arrived with shortbread (ate three)...then later some hot buttered crumpets to take the edge of this dammed cold weather...the good news no more crumpets left in the freezer...the shortbread has been removed from the premises & I woke to a 5.3.
That's not good news ..... it's fantastic news - good for you.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry for late reply,
(Prefer the laptop to make a decent reply.)

Thank you @Debandez ..very kind.
Glad you enjoy..and may i return the compliment, i love the enthusiasm you show, it shines through in every post.

Hope tomorrow finds your cold has waned somewhat. :)

Sorry for late reply,
(Prefer the laptop to make a decent reply.)

Thank you @Debandez ..very kind.
Glad you enjoy..and may i return the compliment, i love the enthusiasm you show, it shines through in every post.

Hope tomorrow finds your cold has waned somewhat. :)
The cold has waned I'm pleased to say, now it's just a cough and sore throat I'm contending with! Out of the way for Christmas though. Thanks for your kind words.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
the good news no more crumpets left in the freezer...the shortbread has been removed from the premises
I'm sorry but even now after the last couple of years of tightish control I still can't view no crumpets left or a lack of shortbread as good news. :angelic:

But not withstanding that I have not either in the house nor likely to.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On word WEIGHTS. I have found what works for me Keto biased towards protein / IF / weights primary, cardio secondary and occasional extended fasting up to 2 days (I lose muscle after 48 hours).
I'm trying to maintain and not lose so don't want to go down that route. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :) well done you.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm sorry but even now after the last couple of years of tightish control I still can't view no crumpets left or a lack of shortbread as good news. :angelic:

But not withstanding that I have not either in the house nor likely to.
No crumpets left because I ate them John...they were left over from the kids half term holiday...just popped in the freezer & forgotten until last night...the biscuits...back next door where they are safe:angelic:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I remember when weight watchers had a little tip regarding crumpets, under the grill with cheese and tomato on and you had a sort of mini pizza.

Not for us these days though too many carbs.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Cold morning here for Christmas jumper day. 4.8 on the Lyin Ted Cruzometer. 2 nights of grandchildren sleeping to come - having a 4 month old baby to care for again will be interesting. Having her big (6) brother will be just about perfect. I will be wearing Christmas jumper No1 today (nothing to do with grandson liking it) - wore No2 earlier in the week. Have great days and remember to stir your hot beverage of choice anti-clockwise.
Nice number today @ianpspurs I do hope your jumper matches it

Reactions: HarryBeau

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
I found my handbag yesterday and did a little dance. Obviously it was the wrong one, madam's shot up to 7.8. It may well have been the Montezuma's absolute black that did it:banghead::arghh:
Have to get on my bike