What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As well, I still have weight to lose, (it helps with that as well) I'm getting close to that psychological barrier of 200 lbs. I'm now wearing size 16 pants for the first time since my daughter was born (she'll be 32 on Jan 3rd),

C.C...THAT is fantastic news.:woot:

And all that from the "how on earth, can you eat such lovely food....." Diet...WIN/WIN

( But i feel your pain Re; the 200 barrier.:inpain:

Seems to be a forcefield on my scales, keeping me hovering just above, regardless of what i eat/don't eat or how much effort/exercise i make/don't make each day.:( )

If not tomorrow, then soon..real soon that wall IS going to give, and then you'll march on, your head held a little higher to the next invisible barrier and tear that one down as well....

But for now, rest and take a minute to enjoy the view from your achievements to date...CONGRATULATIONS :happy:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all - if everything is accurate 5.6 today. Not an abomination but definitely evidence of problems with ether system or processes. Food and exercise was pretty much as per manual yesterday so system maybe not functioning at its optimum. Between this WOE and age a very small margin for error to stay define myself as properly well now I am privy to so much data. I can definitely see why LC would be a hard row to hoe for many. Y'all have yourselves spiffing times today but above all play nice - and share your toys.
Edited with strike through to clarify meaning. I would say the sheer act of following a bespoke WOE and testing regularly is by definition incapable of leading to wellbeing. Does this being a diabetes forum automatically rule out wellness?

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are having trouble remembering which day it is. Little clue, it's not Easter Sunday hehehe.
Shock horror, something must be wrong my blood sugars were only 6.7 this morning after a full on dead lamb roast last night, roast potatoes, roast parsnips etc.
Well folks it's that time of year where little white envelopes appear in the letter box. Must be magic.
Have a good Tuesday, to steal a phrase " Other days are available " .

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all, I have a hundred layers on today and although I've been told a million times not to exaggerate its blowey + cold here on the east coast. My sugars though are at 5.4. Yesterday I was travelling all day which helped these numbers as I had to run for trains and skip lunch to get connections so I could get home before all services stopped. - and now a deep breath and on with the day.... best thoughts all....

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning OLF'S..(My "on line friends" :happy:)

A beautiful, clear 5.8 from this sunny end of the glorious UK.

in other news... a near miss was narrowly avoided today at JJ Manor

a near record level 200 Lbs was avoided by the meerest add of .6 at the morning weigh.
( 200.6....a close call... i nearly celebrated.;). )

Love to all who are chilling out today, hugs for those not well and for those working
i salute you...

Just off myself...
may the day be peaceful and rain free where you are.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning.
Flood in kitchen not as bad as it could have been given last night’s rain. Most of the water caught in the washing up bowl I’d left strategically placed.

Glad your fbgs are behaving again @Goonergal. Have fun tree planting, should be good for bgs today.
@ianpspurs sounds like we both had successful sleepovers wirh grandchildren.
@Chronicle_Cat that is a staggering weight loss, many congratulations.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He didn’t come! Getting really fed up having to put newspaper down on the kitchen floor every night and the washing up bowl on the hob to collect the drips. Just hope he makes it before the chimney falls down completely.
How frustrating DJC...missed appointments (particularly urgent ones) without notice or explanation make me so cross.:mad:

Reactions: Geoffno6 and DJC3

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, I have a hundred layers on today and although I've been told a million times not to exaggerate its blowey + cold here on the east coast. My sugars though are at 5.4. Yesterday I was travelling all day which helped these numbers as I had to run for trains and skip lunch to get connections so I could get home before all services stopped. - and now a deep breath and on with the day.... best thoughts all....
Poetic licence Orson...nothing wrong with that...I have fifty layers on & I'm still cold...just waiting for the freezing rain next.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...slept in until 8 O'clock...enjoying my coffee & gearing up for our walk in the freezing rain (expected soon)...poor Harry none of his winter wear fits him now...off shopping later...although I'm not sure I can tolerate the Christmas crowds...so maybe Monday...woke to a 5.6

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke to a 2.8 at 4pm fingerprick confirmed this overdid the coke and jelly babies 5.30pm 9.2 went bk to sleep now 4.8 so all good have a good weekend everyone got grandsons coming later so will just have breakfast and child proof the house

M

Member496333

Morning...slept in until 8 O'clock...enjoying my coffee & gearing up for our walk in the freezing rain (expected soon)...poor Harry none of his winter wear fits him now...off shopping later...although I'm not sure I can tolerate the Christmas crowds...so maybe Monday...woke to a 5.6

Totally. I need to go to Milton Keynes to get some Christmas gifts, but I’d rather eat a 2lb bag of sugar than attempt it this weekend. Monday...

Anyway curiosity got the better of me, so 5.0 again this morning. Starting to think my meter is broken :D