1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by NewdestinyX, Jun 30, 2011.

1. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm not offering any hugs Debandez you did well if that's your first 'dip' into the chocolate trap in a year...I have my diabetes days where I know I need to have something off limits...they are occasional but necessary for me...I think you did well to stop at six...and a 7.1 after a carb fest is not to be sniffed at.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  2. OrsonKartt

OrsonKartt Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing this. I find at different points since dx 3 years ago exercise changes my bs readings so its good to hear of others where its different.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Roulis

Roulis Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Will test again tomorrow with resistance training this time and report back my findings. However, it looks like that it may be down to the individual's reaction (assuming of course that my measurements are 100% accurate). Best wishes. Theo

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

That perked me up, thank you. I think I will be having another, quite soon too, in about 10 dats time to be precise!!! Looking forward to that one and forward planning! There will be stuffing involved, honey roast parsnip, a couple of roasties, and .....dare I even say it.....Christmas cake with Lancashire cheese!!!! On the plus side, no bread, no pasta, no rice, no cereals :)

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Good morning, everyone! 5.6 FBG this morning inside and 9 degrees outside. Out there are fog and mist and in here are sausages and coffee, a tree to put up, and presents to wrap. I'm doing the Christmas decorating a bit early this year because tomorrow a young friend is coming to see my tree (and get a red panda).

@DJC3 and @JohnEGreen ,
    I never thought Alabama was anything like Cornwall, but now I see I'll have rethink that. :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    #37625 SaskiaKC, Dec 15, 2018 at 1:21 PM
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  6. Chronicle_Cat

Chronicle_Cat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good morning all, 4.7 for me.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 6
  7. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

Well of course I have heard of #MeToo, I have always supported womens rights why in the sixties I even burned my girlfriends bra.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Way to go, @Chronicle_Cat ! :)

Congratulations on the clothes success too! I'm aiming for a 16 these days -- not quite there yet according to the jeans in the thrift shop a couple of weeks ago (assuming a Canadian 16 is the same as a US 16). You are doing great!

My other BB has a thumbs-up emoji; I wish they had this BB's head-bang-on-wall emoji.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I limit my carbs 99% of the time D&D however I have absolutely no qualms about straying from the righteous path now & again...I don't worry about it...once it's over I'm fine with it...had a good walk with Harry in the freezing weather...got myself down in the 4's so had a small hot suet pudding to give me back a bit of energy...will avoid lunch...I expect to be back down in the middle fives by dinner time.

• Like x 5
    • Friendly x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  10. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Haha I can well believe that!

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Ha yes I think you’re right.
    I’m not sure things happen with any greater punctuality in London but at least nobody thinks it odd if you get bad tempered about it!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. philchap1

philchap1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

That's a big difference.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  13. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Master

@PenguinMum Thanks for the good wishes and yes we are having a good time. You get a very different relationship with them when they are on their own with you in your own home. The boy stayed here for 3 days a week for 2 years so we are very close. The young lady is proper sassy already - has learned really quickly that a big smile wins most people over - just makes me roll my eyes :angelic: We did get her to sleep from 10.00 last night until 7.30 this morning. Will be lots of fun watching her try to weedle her way round me - think she went too soon Sorry to hear about #roofgate .

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. OrsonKartt

OrsonKartt Type 2 · Well-Known Member

hi Theo, I also suspect that the amount of fasting one does affects the results. When I had just finished the Newcastle diet any activity, even a short walk down the road would affect my bs readings. Recently I've taken to eating steak and eggs for breakfast, or have 3 eggs with cheese, in short a high protein breakfast, and I can get away without raising my bs levels . Weirdly coffee , I take it black and strong, also has an effect.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Master

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Master

Quote for today FB_IMG_1544814016984.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

@ianpspurs I'm glad you and the grands are having a good time.

I just made a cup of coffee and realized that I stir anticlockwise. When I noticed that, I tried stirring it north to south. The swirly pattern is prettier stirring around and around though.

I'm watching Prancer, the movie I took the two young daughters of friends of mine to see back in 1989, the year it was released. In recent years I've watched it every year it's on TV mostly to see Sam Elliott.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Geoffno6

Geoffno6 · Well-Known Member

Well, just over a day away from this thread and there’s 140 posts to read through! Most interesting, many amusing, @alf_Josiah cracked me up with ‘On a sad note, Mrs J has staggered down stairs to issue unlistened to instructions’ it conjured up a great mental picture
    @Debandez twerking over a 6.3 conjured up an altogether different mental picture! and she’s a screamer too! The mind boggles, but 6 x celebrations, sooo naughty!
    @Chronicle_Cat though is today’s forum star breaking a 32 year clothes size record and nudging the 200lb barrier, well done you
    And my FBG was a blooming nerve tingling 9.1 again with less than 15g carbs on Friday :-(

• Like Like x 11
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #37638 Geoffno6, Dec 15, 2018 at 5:16 PM
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  19. rhubarb73

rhubarb73 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My morning numbers were fine.
    However I’m currently experiencing my biggest ever spike.
    Someone offered me a pre dinner Baileys : I like Baileys so I had one. Then a top up.
    Then I did a test: 10.3. Must be dodgy test again 10.7. *** I need a strip from a different box. 11.1.
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr : idiot idiot idiot!
    It’s moments like this I need a Type 1 to tell me to pull myself together.

• Hug Hug x 7
    • Like Like x 6
  20. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Pull yourself together. :D
    Don't know if this counts since I am T2. But I'm a T2 who just ate two chocolate-drop cookies with my coffee.
    So if we pull together neither of us need have a come-apart.

On another note:
    Sam Elliott is failing to keep me awake so I will blame it on the cookies and go take a nap. I just got a new Christmas-plaid flannel shirt that is very warm and snuggly and will be perfect for my nap.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook