T1 food.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
photo.JPG

Morrisons mousakka x 2 ;) 56g carbs, Firecracker rice 54g carbs and a redfuced price Nandos humous @ 15g carbs with steamed veg, 7u Humalog and a good exercise session :p

Reactions: porl69

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Admire the Polish honey and wisznowka glazed duck, apple stuffed with cranberries, kluczki and beetroot. I didn't cook it and tried to resist, really I did.
I always thought @kev-w posted some brilliant plates of food
IMG_2606.JPG

Reactions: kev-w

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I have to ask.... did you cook the octopus yourself... you are so brave... and I’m envious you can. I’d love to cook octopus but it’s so monster looking.... your dish looks great :-D
The rubbery texture dies not endear such a dish to me, but each to her/his own!

Reactions: SueJB

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I have to ask.... did you cook the octopus yourself... you are so brave... and I’m envious you can. I’d love to cook octopus but it’s so monster looking.... your dish looks great :-D
@michita Octopus is really easy after the first 4 dunkings it just cooks slowly and doesn't need much attention. It was huge and lasted for days

Reactions: michita

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
60988262_10217621420281661_5371791214301413376_n.jpg

A slightly more diabetic friendly version of a traditional Dutch dish. It's usually made with a lot of mashed potatoes but I find them difficult to dose for so I make it with a little mashed potatoes and extra fried onion and mushrooms.

Main ingredient is raw but warmed endive (is that right? It's what google comes up with when I ask for the translation of 'andijvie', never heard of it) and apart from afore mentioned ingridients it holds diced bacon and diced cheese. Plus a half leftover piece of pork meat, but that was mostly bone.
Not a clue how many carbs but have been hovering close to 4 since eating, 2 hours ago, so at least guessed my insulin dose perfectly :)

Reactions: Knikki
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
xv953.jpg

Noodles, Black Bean Sause, Sir fry veg and prawns 56 grams of carbs in that.

Got the insulin dose wrong so hypo, not to worry, remember for next time :)

But we know, next time it maybe completely different..................... diabetes :eek:
Hope you enjoyed your meal, despite the frustrating hypo :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
60988262_10217621420281661_5371791214301413376_n.jpg

A slightly more diabetic friendly version of a traditional Dutch dish. It's usually made with a lot of mashed potatoes but I find them difficult to dose for so I make it with a little mashed potatoes and extra fried onion and mushrooms.

Main ingredient is raw but warmed endive (is that right? It's what google comes up with when I ask for the translation of 'andijvie', never heard of it) and apart from afore mentioned ingridients it holds diced bacon and diced cheese. Plus a half leftover piece of pork meat, but that was mostly bone.
Not a clue how many carbs but have been hovering close to 4 since eating, 2 hours ago, so at least guessed my insulin dose perfectly :)

Sounds great, I might try that next week, especially the fried onions, which are rather delish :hungry::hungry::hungry:

Reactions: kitedoc
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I showed the photo of Suejb octopus to my daughter and her boyfriend last night, both thought it was horrible, I thought my daughter was going to pass out or be sick, her face !! :eek::eek: and before bed too :oops:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
3492zc5.jpg

Char grilled chicken, half Uncle Ben's rice and veg rough carb count 38 so in goes 4.0 of Apidra and lets see what happens.

What happened to your BG ?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Reactions: Knikki