Type 1'stars R Us

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Excellent! Midnight Mass organ playing survived with no excess on the blood sugar front in either direction. Bit higher than I like first thing, but gone for my Sunday Morning breakfast and routine to get me through to lunchtime whereupon anything could happen! Sleep most probably. I'm currently running on excess caffeine, steely determination and a countdown of the next 180 minutes to the start of the Japes' holiday days.

Hope today's a good day on all fronts for everyone in whatever way!! Thank you for being here and being great support - I'd've not got through these past few months as well without it.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Merry Christmas everyone! Just had a loooong Christmas morning walk, dog's deciding whether to lick her new toy to death or just rip it apart, looking forward to Christmas dinner and chilling out. Hope those of you who were drunk on Christmas Eve enjoyed it and are sorting yourselves out with the hair of the dog (but not mine) :)

K

Knikki

Well still here and was not a drunk as I was hoping for but never mind there is always New Years Eve :hilarious:

One thing I do like about this time of year, bar al the usual things is the amount of chocolate I get given plus the amount we always seem to buy :hilarious:

177lo7.jpg

This is currently in our house and I will slowly work my way through it.:cat::joyful::woot:

Have a fun day what ever anyone is doing.

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki . I understand it’s for the good of the nations health BUT a CURLYWURLY ain’t a CURLYWURLY if you can’t stretch it from mouth to floor without it breaking:banghead::banghead::banghead:.

You've obviously got your heating turned on - in our house they shatter :)

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Well still here and was not a drunk as I was hoping for but never mind there is always New Years Eve :hilarious:

One thing I do like about this time of year, bar al the usual things is the amount of chocolate I get given plus the amount we always seem to buy :hilarious:

177lo7.jpg

This is currently in our house and I will slowly work my way through it.:cat::joyful::woot:

Have a fun day what ever anyone is doing.
Yum, @Knikki, but look at these two items. Yep, pure soap (um,.. with added colouring).
IMG_3872.jpg

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning one and all, hope everyone had a good day and had predictable levels, no point trying to stay in range was there??!!! During the day I hit a High of 12.something, amazingly 6.2 2hrs after Xmas lunch......! However woke up in the night to a 20 something.......predictable really, it had to go majorly wrong at some point! Back to ‘normal’ now.

Enjoy the rest of the holidays and wishing everyone a peaceful new year.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all!

Could have been worse, I guess. Vegetable prep in the morning appears to have required some assistance from my liver with a nice foot on the floor dump... not sure if I underestimated the 25g carbs inmy dinner, or was just over-sensitive to them, because it’s more than I eat in a day in one sitting. Was back in range by 4am today, so not a complete disaster!

61AB604C-FA75-423F-ACD8-C39A317FACB9.jpeg

Had a lovely butter-roasted salmon with loads of roasted veg and a wodge of my low carb Christmas cake, which was delicious! I’d made whisky butter (goat butter, finely ground erythritol and whisky) to have with it, which was amazing. The spices gave it that Christmassy flavour so I didn’t miss the dried fruit.

B8E7BCBE-2C5A-4CD8-98C6-FE3258CC4A81.jpeg 974D6812-D9AE-485E-AD1D-D9ECB7734C1C.jpeg

This was my first low carb Christmas, last year was my first without meat. So while my food was a little different and I had to make all of it from scratch myself, I still feel like I had a proper festive feast :) I’ve got my chocolate orange keto shortbreads and LC mince pies to treat myself with, plus the rest of my Christmas cake (only 3.5g carb a slice) so it'll be a typical Boxing Day foodfest of leftovers with cheese on top! I’ve got some of my roasted veg leftover, so I’m going to make a seriously cheesy sauce (soft goat cheese, and sheep cheeses like Roquefort and manchego) and have it for dinner tonight as basically a posh cauliflower cheese. Considering cake for breakfast... and shopping online for a new smartwatch as my much loved Pebble is getting more and more unreliable :(

Hope you all have a lovely Boxing Day, and Madame behaves herself. My pulse oximeter tells me that we are all adequately oxygenated :)

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greetings fellow teabags, hope you all had a lovely Christmas. My BG were a little higher than normal but correction dose sorted that and woke to a 7.8 this morning

Had brekkie of porridge and went out to clean car, a proper inside and outside clean, took me nearly 1.5 hours. Quick libre check 11.1 but heading down. Quick coffee and checked Libre again 40 minutes later, 14.3 and heading up. WFT:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Reactions: porl69