1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Happy holiday everyone, have a Cool Yule. The days are getting longer so time to eat drink and be merry as everything comes to life again.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. CranberryIce

CranberryIce Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I’ll take the hug then :)

Happy Christmas to those celebrating.

Still a time for getting together with the family for me, so about to hit the road

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  3. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas all. have a lovely day however you may be spending it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  4. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to one and all. Hope you all have a wonderful day and those BG's are not too high/low

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  5. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas everyone! Just had a loooong Christmas morning walk, dog's deciding whether to lick her new toy to death or just rip it apart, looking forward to Christmas dinner and chilling out. Hope those of you who were drunk on Christmas Eve enjoyed it and are sorting yourselves out with the hair of the dog (but not mine) :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  6. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

Well still here and was not a drunk as I was hoping for but never mind there is always New Years Eve :hilarious:

One thing I do like about this time of year, bar al the usual things is the amount of chocolate I get given plus the amount we always seem to buy :hilarious:

[​IMG]

This is currently in our house and I will slowly work my way through it.:cat::joyful::woot:

Have a fun day what ever anyone is doing.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@Knikki . I understand it’s for the good of the nations health BUT a CURLYWURLY ain’t a CURLYWURLY if you can’t stretch it from mouth to floor without it breaking:banghead::banghead::banghead:.
    Bolus up and dive in:):):)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. evilclive

evilclive Type 1 · Well-Known Member

You've obviously got your heating turned on - in our house they shatter :)

• Funny Funny x 7
  9. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yum, @Knikki, but look at these two items. Yep, pure soap (um,.. with added colouring).
    IMG_3872.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone enjoy your day

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning Karen, hope you enjoy your day too!
    Good morning everyone.

• Like Like x 5
  12. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning one and all, hope everyone had a good day and had predictable levels, no point trying to stay in range was there??!!! During the day I hit a High of 12.something, amazingly 6.2 2hrs after Xmas lunch......! However woke up in the night to a 20 something.......predictable really, it had to go majorly wrong at some point! Back to ‘normal’ now.

Enjoy the rest of the holidays and wishing everyone a peaceful new year.

• Like Like x 5
  13. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Morning all!

Could have been worse, I guess. Vegetable prep in the morning appears to have required some assistance from my liver with a nice foot on the floor dump... not sure if I underestimated the 25g carbs inmy dinner, or was just over-sensitive to them, because it’s more than I eat in a day in one sitting. Was back in range by 4am today, so not a complete disaster!

61AB604C-FA75-423F-ACD8-C39A317FACB9.jpeg

Had a lovely butter-roasted salmon with loads of roasted veg and a wodge of my low carb Christmas cake, which was delicious! I’d made whisky butter (goat butter, finely ground erythritol and whisky) to have with it, which was amazing. The spices gave it that Christmassy flavour so I didn’t miss the dried fruit.

B8E7BCBE-2C5A-4CD8-98C6-FE3258CC4A81.jpeg 974D6812-D9AE-485E-AD1D-D9ECB7734C1C.jpeg

This was my first low carb Christmas, last year was my first without meat. So while my food was a little different and I had to make all of it from scratch myself, I still feel like I had a proper festive feast :) I’ve got my chocolate orange keto shortbreads and LC mince pies to treat myself with, plus the rest of my Christmas cake (only 3.5g carb a slice) so it'll be a typical Boxing Day foodfest of leftovers with cheese on top! I’ve got some of my roasted veg leftover, so I’m going to make a seriously cheesy sauce (soft goat cheese, and sheep cheeses like Roquefort and manchego) and have it for dinner tonight as basically a posh cauliflower cheese. Considering cake for breakfast... and shopping online for a new smartwatch as my much loved Pebble is getting more and more unreliable :(

Hope you all have a lovely Boxing Day, and Madame behaves herself. My pulse oximeter tells me that we are all adequately oxygenated :)

• Like Like x 5
  14. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Quiet Christmas day, just the three of us. On the 30th I've got cousin and family over and on the 29nd MIL to stay. Festivities go on for months in our house by the looks of it...

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  15. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good afternoon. Pretty successful Xmas day by wise. A couples of minor hypos due to carb miscalculations but easily sorted...

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Greetings fellow teabags, hope you all had a lovely Christmas. My BG were a little higher than normal but correction dose sorted that and woke to a 7.8 this morning

Had brekkie of porridge and went out to clean car, a proper inside and outside clean, took me nearly 1.5 hours. Quick libre check 11.1 but heading down. Quick coffee and checked Libre again 40 minutes later, 14.3 and heading up. WFT:banghead::banghead::banghead:

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

@smc4761 slow carb release/digest from the porridge?

Morning eeerrrr nope start again. Afternoon fellow colanders.

Things over here rather steady which is fine going to stick Darkside of the Moon on in a bit while researching amplifiers from the 70's and 80's :):writer:

Then coffee and cake later on :joyful: ( @kitedoc no soap involved :hilarious: )

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi all and thank whoever for my dog. Without her I could turn into an utterly immobile slob over Christmas; with her, walking twice a day, undoubtedly feel better for it. Long walks help with Christmas over-indulgence, unless you overdo it in the evening - not keen on the idea of walking miles at night!

@Knikki I'm intrigued to learn why you're researching elderly amps?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

So I’m sat here printing MySugr, Nightscout and MyFitnessPal reports ready for my DSN annual review at my GP surgery at early o’clock tomorrow morning. I have to “justify” my 37 HbA1c, it seems. :banghead: Anyway, my Nightscout reports show less than 3% of my time is hypo, I’m 78% in range and about 19% above. Note to self, don’t say I think there’s still plenty of room for improvement! She’s never heard of Bernstein or Sugar Surfing, so I’m going to take both books to show her.

Been shopping for a new smartwatch too, my Pebble is getting a bit glitchy and sad. I’m thinking of a Fitbit Ionic atm...

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  20. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

@Mel dCP i don't know why you have to justify your 37 hb1ac, but when I had my review I did get the "your not hypo are you?" To which I replied "oh course I hypo I'm type 1 we all do, sometimes I get right, sometimes wrong" she seemed to like that answer. However good luck and will be interesting to here what the DSN says :)

@hh1 I got a turntable for Christmas so fancy getting rid of my current AV system, replacing that with a sound bar and then linking the turntable and CD player into a proper stereo amp. I fancy a vintage one with VU meters and swirly graphics from a graphic equaliser sitting there :) also I like the brushed silver from that era, nearly all modern amps are black unless you go for a tube amps they are sometimes in different colours.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook