What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Boxing Day all
5.8 is a high fbg for me but remarkably good given that I was still nibbling quite late last night plus well worth it as I had a wonderful day.
family party again today so may need to take another hit for the team! It will all be back to my normal routine again soon enough!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
7.3 for me this morning same as it was last night.:angelic:

@Emma_369 Have a great time and enjoy and as has been said don't sweat the small stuff.:)

"Happy Boxing Day. Enjoy it whatever you do. Tomo its over for another year."

@PenguinMum thing is son is coming up from Oxford tomorrow so we are having a sort of second Christmas.planned.:arghh:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tomo its over for another year.
With careful choices and freezing I reckon on an OMAD regime this could last until Easter and the warmer weather/lighter nights. Pretty sure that is what this was always about. Besides, if the govt. are stockpiling we probably should:angelic:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Or have one big blow out before the famine build up some fat reserves and hibernate for six months.
That was the route sandwiched between my first 40 years and the last 4ish. Big mistake for me but loving getting back nearer my factory setting - aside from not being able to play team sports. I completely understand the mental problems top sports people can suffer from when they have to retire. Tackling diabetes is some kind of surrogate but not even close to the buzz of winning and performing well IMHO

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning not up until 08:15 today...one cup of coffee in more needed...I have been to the sales (already)...just window shopping online...I am resisting the urge to spend spend spend...after my carb fest during the last couple of days I need to exercise restraint somewhere...woke to a not too shabby 6.1.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
With careful choices and freezing I reckon on an OMAD regime this could last until Easter and the warmer weather/lighter nights. Pretty sure that is what this was always about. Besides, if the govt. are stockpiling we probably should:angelic:
Not sure that would work here with three big always hungry though not always here chaps. I would soon starve. John’s take on it would work best though at my age I cant afford to lose six months!

Reactions: HarryBeau

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good morning everyone hope you all had a wonderful Christmas my blood sugar today is 4.6 we are spending most of the day inside as my brother is going back to England today at 3pm but once we have dropped him and his girlfriend off we are doing our annual tradition of Boxing Day shopping thankfully I feel a bit better today as I’m using my ventolin inhaler so I’m not coughing as much :) finally my dad is making us a Boxing Day dinner of turkey and nut wraps :hungry: have a good Boxing Day everyone

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.8 today

not bad considering the plate of Christmas dinner I ate yesterday and then followed up with spice cake and cream with a few rum soaked raising on top (leftovers ;) from the lush bread and butter pudding I made for mr. gee and his mum) .

Boxing day looks mild and wet so a walk round the village later will be the order of the day I think.

Hope your day treats you well :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, an unexpectedly respectable 5.5 for me.
I’ve just spent 1/2 hr reading through all the lovely posts of people’s Christmases
@Emma_369 have a great holiday and it’s fantastic that you got to your weight loss target yesterday. @jjraak well done to you too for the same - loved the photo of your baby, also reminded me of wilder student days like @SaskiaKC. ( by the way I make garlic butter by squishing crushed fresh garlic into softened butter rather than garlic salt - see if that’s more to your liking)
@rhubarb73 I’ve no idea where you got the self control not to go into a major huff when those relatives turned up so late. You must be a very good person.
@Ziggy2017 I’m so glad your nanny was able to join you and make Christmas complete.

Now... should it be trifle ( low carb) or chocolate ( 100% cocoa) for breakfast? Choices...

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Morning all, an unexpectedly respectable 5.5 for me.
I’ve just spent 1/2 hr reading through all the lovely posts of people’s Christmases
@Emma_369 have a great holiday and it’s fantastic that you got to your weight loss target yesterday. @jjraak well done to you too for the same - loved the photo of your baby, also reminded me of wilder student days like @SaskiaKC. ( by the way I make garlic butter by squishing crushed fresh garlic into softened butter rather than garlic salt - see if that’s more to your liking)
@rhubarb73 I’ve no idea where you got the self control not to go into a major huff when those relatives turned up so late. You must be a very good person.
@Ziggy2017 I’m so glad your nanny was able to join you and make Christmas complete.

Now... should it be trifle ( low carb) or chocolate ( 100% cocoa) for breakfast? Choices...
I would say trifle and chocolate just to be on the safe side.:angelic:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Santa brought me 3 nights in Berlin in January. Will be my first time in Germany.

Hi @SaladDaze,

Wonderful -- Berlin is a very cool city. Hope you have a fun time. Btw, they have a low-carb restaurant in Berlin called Simply Keto, which also has very good reviews. https://www.yelp.com/biz/simply-keto-berlin-3?osq=low+carb+restaurants. Haven't been there myself, but plan a stint the next time I'm there.

Btw, congrats on the ice cream maker. Have fun experimenting (have to admit, I am bit envious).