What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Loved the old Cortinas had one for a few years yours sounds special. Friend of mine back in the day had the Lotus Cortina that was a nice motor.

I loved the Mk1 Lotus Cortina.

My car was pimped to hell and back. Flared arches, wide wheels, uprated suspension and brakes, plus candy red paint job with red fur interior.

I must have looked like a complete (you can work that word out for yourself) :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@JohnEGreen, I'm so glad your son is going to be with you.

Thanks for the post about the car. I enjoyed reading that. When I was in high school we had some friends who had a Hillman Minx. I think it looked something like this one--

upload_2018-12-25_17-7-51.jpeg

@HarrisonK and @JohnEGreen The first time I visited England (with my parents, in 1972) we rented a Cortina estate. Very nice car. I have a photo of my parents with it outside a lovely lych gate in one of the Cotswold villages we visited.

The guy who owned Suzie the Suzuki taught me how to judge what speed I was going by the tachometer.

This was my dream car in those days (with a nod to your boss, John --
images

It's interesting that you had the Hillman and Triumph Tigers, while I had the Opel and a Mustang while an undergrad at Auburn--
images

The town named after Goldsmith's poem.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Night everyone hope you all had a wonderful Christmas I had a great Christmas apart from the fact that I have the rhinovirus again :banghead: that’s four times in 5 months. On the bright side I had a lovely Christmas I got some stuff for my bedroom and my Nanny came to have Christmas dinner with us :D so glad she’s out of the house everyone has been worrying about her as she has dementia and COPD and just last week we found out she needs to be on oxygen 20 hours a day. But she was very happy to join us for Christmas dinner and sit by our fireplace :) anyway sleep well everyone

What a lovely Christmas!

Get some rest and get well. :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've never heard of a car called a Tiger before today.

Cougar, yes. Lynx, Wildcat, Bobcat, Bearcat, and of course Jaguar. They should call one a Cheetah, for speed. But I like the idea of a Tiger car best.

Phase 3 of Day 1 of this 12 Day Event topped out with a score of 8.7 after a too-big slice of pumpkin pie. But I have learned something good -- my sweet tooth has finally had too much of a good thing and I'm not craving any more sweets. And I have a feeling I won't, for awhile. Just as I still don't want any squash and haven't wanted any for a long time now. And when I double-checked that 8.7, on my other hand, I got a straight 8.

Or a V8. V for Victory.

Happy Second Day of Christmas, everyone!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning each. Hope everyone had the kind of Christmas day they wanted or, even better, one beyond anything they could have expected. Yesterday was an OMAD, 3 exercise session day which worked well for me (with smallish goose dinner fitted in) Far more Christmas type day today with 2 sons and 2 and bit grandchildren plus traditional turkey etc. Not testing so have a 3.5 year average of 5.4 from me (would be very surprised if it was higher than that but don't really care today) Sport back on and kids TV far better than MILs film choices - the worst is over:angelic:

Last edited:

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning but had been up an hour. Airport breakfast done. Smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and spinach (left the giant focaccia it came on)
Realised i forgot to pack an extra pot of strips - so have about 15 or so to last me - honestly not done on purpose so that I could just enjoy my hol :angelic:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning but had been up an hour. Airport breakfast done. Smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and spinach (left the giant focaccia it came on)
Realised i forgot to pack an extra pot of strips - so have about 15 or so to last me - honestly not done on purpose so that I could just enjoy my hol :angelic:
Have a great time and bg will be fine so don't sweat the small stuff. Viva Los @Emma_369 (and family):)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Can I start the roll call of shame? 8.1 at 0800. Going to be a very different day today. (Ihave allowed) the boys to set up a bar and a darts board in the TV room so they have a day of football, darts, drinking and Risk. I can lounge in the lounge but all choc etc will be transferred to the boys space. Food largely an assembly job today.
Happy Boxing Day. Enjoy it whatever you do. Tomo its over for another year.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a fabulous holiday.

Reactions: HarryBeau

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a brilliant holiday Emma Hope it’s good fun

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Can I start the roll call of shame? 8.1 at 0800. Going to be a very different day today. (Ihave allowed) the boys to set up a bar and a darts board in the TV room so they have a day of football, darts, drinking and Risk. I can lounge in the lounge but all choc etc will be transferred to the boys space. Food largely an assembly job today.
Happy Boxing Day. Enjoy it whatever you do. Tomo its over for another year.
Winner for deciding it was just one day and moving onwards today. Have a brilliant boxing day

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Pleasantly surprised by a 6.6!!! Especially as Xmas pud and brandy sauce was consumed. One of my Xmas traditions was to have Xmas pud for breakfast on boxing day with double cream (I know I know). One tradition I won't be keeping, well not totally, just the double cream this year :)