What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning. I blame it on watching this yesterday
I'm watching a re-run of a comic relief bake off show...Jennifer Saunders...Lulu...Dame Edna & Joanna Lumley...haven't stopped laughing for the last forty minutes...will retest BG's shortly...It's a Wonderful Life I love it:)

SaladDaze

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @SaladDaze,

Wonderful -- Berlin is a very cool city. Hope you have a fun time. Btw, they have a low-carb restaurant in Berlin called Simply Keto, which also has very good reviews. https://www.yelp.com/biz/simply-keto-berlin-3?osq=low+carb+restaurants. Haven't been there myself, but plan a stint the next time I'm there.

Btw, congrats on the ice cream maker. Have fun experimenting (have to admit, I am bit envious).
Thanks for the tip, Ziggy, I'll check it out.

Reactions: ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I feel a bit better today as I’m using my ventolin inhaler so I’m not coughing as much

Morning @Ziggy2017 .
Long term asthma suffer here.

try to make you some ginger tea..proper not packet.
*Buy some root ginger.
*Cut off about an inch, cut that into 8/10 slices .( i don't, but you can peel before cutting or grate it )
*pop into a pot of boiling water and simmer for 10-15 mins
*drain and serve, add slice of lemon if you like. (sweetener as required.)

Had mild cold over many years..Ran from sept -feb every year
then one year had severe attack, which led me to look on line for something that MIGHT help me.

Started taking a few years back and that congestion, reduced considerably..
now its a regular drink and my asthma is much more manageable.

NB: i still use the sprays as normal, the tea, like the brown inhaler, simply helps reduce congestion over the day, and possibly reduces breathing issues for the next few days.

a long-ish link here, describes benefits of ginger tea..see 8:26...GINGER

wife likes it plain i like it with a slice of fresh lemon
(i used to really enjoy it with honey as well, but not since T2D.)

I'm sure you know but a top tip, when breathing is aggravated to reduce coughing,
is to use the STOMACH muscles to power the lungs/breath..not the ribcage..
(if that makes sense..when ever if have had a serious cold, that has helped to reduce the coughing for me}

Hope that helps in someway.

Good luck & hope you fell better soon.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
SaskiaKC looks out
On the Feast of Stephen.
Temperature is 3 degrees,
FBG, 6 even.
Brightly shines the sun this morn
'Though there are clouds also,
Pretty much like life itself --
That's just how it goes.

Brilliant...so a star for that...:)

Which i've now taken away because THAT tune is now STUCK on repeat and running in a loop around my head.:wacky:

..:D:hilarious::hilarious:

Have a Good day, @SaskiaKC.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Next case, bailiff.

Case 3046, M'Lud..drunk & merry over Xmas.

" How does the defendant plead.."
"Not guilty your Honur.."

"So be it,..Your witness, Mr Ness"

"So you claim not GUILTY, yet you were plainly observed by 'officer Dibble' to be on the streets in a merry condition, shouting out 'Merry Xmas'; to complete strangers...having been observed exiting a property where loud music and much singing could be heard"

"Further more, The officer upon detaining you, smelt Alcohol on your breath, and a distinct odours of CAKE, and observed some cake crumbs on your top.."

" i think the vernacular as you Brits say.. is BANG to RIGHTS....
I put it to you that on the night of the 25 of Dec, you did, of your own volition, partake of Alcohol, to whit several cans of Guiness, one or two Vodka and tonics AND more then one slice of sara Lee, summer fruit Gateau......

i think the evidence speaks for itself ladies & Gentleman of the Jury

No more questions your Honour...Your witness, Madame,..."

" thank you, my learned friend...
ladies & Gentlemen of the Jury, the defence has no dispute that my client was, as alleged..at the aforementioned party
So i will make this simple for everyone...Mr JJ, did you commit the acts you stand here accused of..?"

"No."

" So my M'Lud, this is clearly a mistake on the officers part,
These action as my clients states Did NOT happen...and with your indulgence i will prove it."

"Go ahead Madame Councel,, but keep to the facts, i will have none of your theatrics in MY court,
is that clear ?"

"Yes, M'Lud, crystal clear "

"Mr JJ..are you type 2 Diabetic..?"
"Yes."
" Do you self test your Blood sugar levels..?"
"Yes, Ma'am"
" and Can you tell the court what your FBG was the next Morning, after this 'Alleged' offence took place..?"

"5.6 "

"Louder, so the court can hear you "

"5.6"....(gasps from the jury as the judge slams down the Gavel..."
"M'Lud, the defence would like to enter into the court, Exhibit A..the very Glucose Meter used by my client, clearly showing the reading for the Morning of the 26th ..."..<loud talking in the court>

"ORDER. ORDER in the Court.....!!"(gavel slams repeatedly)

"After careful review of Exhibit A, i can see no evidence to support the claims against you.
Clearly there has been some mistaken, here."

"The court finds you NOT GUILTY! "

"You are free to leave, Mr JJ"

-------------------

Result...hopefully it was all the walking we did yesterday..not one taxi to anywhere...so saved money too..:D
Have a wonderful 2nd day of christmas..( Like that..Sounds much nicer then Boxing day )

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning @Ziggy2017 .
Long term asthma suffer here.

try to make you some ginger tea..proper not packet.
*Buy some root ginger.
*Cut off about an inch, cut that into 8/10 slices .( i don't, but you can peel before cutting or grate it )
*pop into a pot of boiling water and simmer for 10-15 mins
*drain and serve, add slice of lemon if you like. (sweetener as required.)

Had mild cold over many years..Ran from sept -feb every year
then one year had severe attack, which led me to look on line for something that MIGHT help me.

Started taking a few years back and that congestion, reduced considerably..
now its a regular drink and my asthma is much more manageable.

NB: i still use the sprays as normal, the tea, like the brown inhaler, simply helps reduce congestion over the day, and possibly reduces breathing issues for the next few days.

a long-ish link here, describes benefits of ginger tea..see 8:26...GINGER

wife likes it plain i like it with a slice of fresh lemon
(i used to really enjoy it with honey as well, but not since T2D.)

I'm sure you know but a top tip, when breathing is aggravated to reduce coughing,
is to use the STOMACH muscles to power the lungs/breath..not the ribcage..
(if that makes sense..when ever if have had a serious cold, that has helped to reduce the coughing for me}

Hope that helps in someway.

Good luck & hope you fell better soon.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR
Since having ginger tea in Giraffee a few years back I've been making a far less sophisticated version. Just a couple of slices of ginger with boiling water added. I agree its FAB

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My first bike back in the late 60's was a Triumph Tiger Cub I loved that bike.

Sadly i missed the Golden age of british bikes, i had to wait until 1976 for my first ..a suzuki GT250B cc..Loved the freedom that gave me and the lads i rode with.

A bike sure does open up the world @JohnEGreen.

Always Nice to find another who shares the understanding of why dogs stick their heads out of car windows.. ;):D

Reactions: philchap1

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That took me back. I had a Cortina Mk3 2 door Crayford convertible (pic is not mine but same car). Had the engine uprated by Janspeed, it was just plain nasty. ;)

View attachment 30233

LIKE that.....she's beautiful.x

Had a daytona yellow mk3..loved it..bets car i ever had,..wish they still made them (not mine, no pics sadly )
One of the easiest cars i have ever worked on, to boot.
image-thumb

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sadly i missed the Golden age of british bikes, i had to wait until 1976 for my first ..a suzuki GT250B cc..Loved the freedom that gave me and the lads i rode with.

A bike sure does open up the world @JohnEGreen.

Always Nice to find another who shares the understanding of why dogs stick their heads out of car windows.. ;):D

Aha. Another window-hanger-outer. Do you do hand-flying out car windows too? :D

Back in the '60s there was a BSA dealership between our house and my father's office, and in the summer of '67 my friend and I wanted to buy a couple and go to California. I rode pillion for the first time a year and a half later, in Miami for New Year's.

BTW, BG 4.2 after my morning cat nap.

Thanks for posting that great Christmas story!

Last edited: