Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I rang Novo Nordisk and the Customer Care person seemed to suggest there was some confusion, at their end, about whether Levemir should be refrigerated after getting it from a pharmacy, and putting it in a pen, or not. I think it might have been her confusion.
She’s going to raise the problem of it declining after two refrigerated weeks with the more knowledgeable team so I/we wait to see what ensues. I’m now intrigued by the problem and want the next instalment.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just so long as it isn't like certain Dutch rock tune tune that got butchered by Bananarama in 1986! ;)

Oh, it was terrible wasn't it, I'd forgotten. Owning a copy of that could mess up the Friday blood sugars of a lot of people.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Only just surfaced really - was at the MILs yesterday and let’s just say my stomach hasn’t been well since........no idea what caused the upset, think she’s trying to poison me or something:hilarious:

Hey ho!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Argh!

Arrived at the Supermarket with the Pharmacy on a 3.2. Handed prescription over, took myself to the cafe to recover, overdid the carbs, discovered the second mistake with the prescription, (not sure if this one is mine or the prescribing GPs, but the first mistake definitely wasn't me!) so, I'm now stockpiling Novorapid but will need to go back for Levemir once the new prescription is issued.

Arrived back home on 15.2 (told you I'd over-done it) and, um, may have rage-bolused a bit so now on a 4.9 and feeling like it's going lower. Cheesy oatcakes for supper it is...

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
“These numbers are amazing”; “I can see you have almost no hypos”; “Keep doing what you’re doing”; “this is perfect diabetes management”; “I’m going to buy that Bernstein book”

My DN, 27/12/2018 :)
WOW....you should gave recorded that convo @Mel dCP :)
Massive congratulations

Reactions: Fairygodmother

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
And good morning all
Strange day for BGs today. Woke to a nice 5 done my usual breakfast and usual bolus and just alarmed for a high....10.8
Quick correction and will see whats what in an hour or so. Work is really busy, a lot of customers have asked why we had so many days off!!!!! ***! we had Monday to Wednesday off, had to bite my tongue and smile thru gritted teeth lol

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
WOW....you should gave recorded that convo @Mel dCP :)
Massive congratulations
Thank you! But T1 being T1, I’m all over the shop today. Been up half the night with a mild fever and high alarms going off all over the place. I finished the chest infection antibiotics and I suspect they haven’t worked. Ugh. Ketones at 0.3 which is very low for me, so not worried on that front. Had to postpone our much anticipated visit from a close friend as don’t want to send him to his very frail mum with any lurgy. Hope you all have a better day!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Weeks like this I'm not sure what day it is most of the time. I do know it's Friday today 'cos I've got a podiatry appointment; frequent flier because of scarring from 2 ops a couple of years ago, nothing to do with diabetes and still no-one knows what the problem was! In future I'm avoiding doctors who say, 'we're not sure, so we'll open it up and have a look inside'!

@porl69 it's obviously a Friday thing - woke to a 6.1, usual breakfast & bolus, up to 8.9 then 10.2 after walking - duh? And according to Libre, I wasn't dead overnight....

Reactions: karen8967

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hope you feel better soon @Mel dCP - does this mean more antibiotics?
I imagine it might. I only finished the course yesterday, and sank rapidly overnight. I’ll keep an eye on things over the weekend, my temperature is back to its usual icy 36, and I’ll make use of my shiny new pulse oximeter to check my O2 levels as well.

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning folks, hope you are all well and looking forward to New year, any poorly ones, sending a big get well hug <3
I have to stay in today, as one of my windows won't lock, so it is un-secure. It is an emergency repair so someone will be out in the next 24 hrs, which could mean during the night, depending on how busy they are :wideyed: Not keen on that, as it's just me and my daughter here, but the window must be secured. I have tied a large shoe lace to the broken handle and tied it to the other one.
20181228_112923_resized.jpg 20181228_112916_resized.jpg