Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Mini weights session last night and vaguely OMAD yesterday have helped bring it below 6 but I expect it’ll be a few days more before things settle down.
More of the settle down trope. Down to where exactly and to what ends? Managing this condition is obviously important but IMHO being on this forum but not of it is by far the best bet. Wisdom of the Crowd and Group Think are too close to call:)

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
may i ask. .@"goonergal .what sort of readings have you had ? mine have been a bit higher but i feel okay..cant test b.s moniter died..

Hi @Diawara readings have just been a bit higher than normal - FBG has been consistently in the 5s, sometimes high fives, and daily averages in the 5s. Contrasts with my normal (trend over a year) of FBG in mid - high 4s (with a few either side) and daily averages in the 4s.

In itself not a worry, but a sign that I’ve been wandering a bit too far off piste. For me quantity of food has an impact as much as carb content and carb content needs to be very low.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Out of control is one thing. I am quite intrigued by the clash between wellness as sold here and wellbeing. IMHO Christmas will have produced some excellent lab type conditions for folk to reflect on that distinction. Reading posts has been very useful - I learned loads.

For me they’re inextricably linked. Keto has provided so many health benefits - physical and emotional that far outweigh any so called restrictions. I have learned that over eating even low carb items interferes with both in terms of BG readings and inducing familiar pre-diagnosis feelings about inappropriate eating which are far stronger than any short lived pleasure at ‘just that one extra piece/bit of x,y,z’ Some habits are hard to break.

Reactions: Roulis

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Diawara readings have just been a bit higher than normal - FBG has been consistently in the 5s, sometimes high fives, and daily averages in the 5s. Contrasts with my normal (trend over a year) of FBG in mid - high 4s (with a few either side) and daily averages in the 4s.

In itself not a worry, but a sign that I’ve been wandering a bit too far off piste. For me quantity of food has an impact as much as carb content and carb content needs to be very low.
C'mon. Who knew that a group of people with a propensity to overeat before DX would be inclined to do the same on a different regime - especially at Christmas? Think posts crossed.
I was not advocating just one more piece of anything mentality. Stats I have seen infer that on a national level higher levels of wellness are incompatible with higher levels of wellbeing. For longevity I took it to show wellbeing was the clear winner.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
C'mon. Who knew that a group of people with a propensity to overeat before DX would be inclined to do the same on a different regime - especially at Christmas? Think posts crossed

Good point, but that’s exactly what I’m trying to fix.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Took 2 readings this morning at 08:00 first was 6.7 second was 6.4
From like 5.4s before Christmas.
Then realised I went a bit overboard with the berries last night . Checked the carb content and saw I gad about 25 to 30 grs after my dinner last night . So off for a long tramp around the park . Not a happy bunny ,but . My own fault
Do you walk after eating.