What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. It’s a 4.9 for me today and my last day before going back to work, so need to make the most of it.

@SaskiaKC how was the pizza? Have you tried the fathead version which uses cheese and ground almonds as the base? That’s great.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a regular working day now the holidays have come to an end...I'm not complaining I thoroughly enjoyed the 'festivities'. ..my first early wake up in a couple of weeks...almost back on track with my carb intake (that could take some time)...have to go shopping my coffee supply is almost finished:eek::eek::eek:...woke to a 5.2

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aghhh...Misread my calendar.
thought i was in at 3 pm...just got a call, seems i should have been there at 6:45..:***:

lethargic, dragging myself through the start of day rituals.
and just noticed the effect greek yoghurt, berries and chia seeds have had on me this morning.
a few mouthfuls went from 'Meh'..to ' ok then, lets DO This ! '...:D

Early wake up i think to blame for being busted back to corporal in
the Diabetic Army (London Rifles. Mobile Division.) today...a sad 6.2

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Almost panicked DJC...coffee in the morning is a must for me...about to go coffee hunting shortly"

You and me both. My little luxury is having a coffee subscription - I get fresh ground coffee delivered once a fortnight so never run out ( unless eldest daughter has been staying - she drinks more than me and twice as strong). Good hunting today.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A disappointing 6.5 but slept badly firsthalf of night and then only woke at 8.30. Plus no alcohol yesterday! A big dose of back to reality for so many of you. @jjraak what a start to the working year, did make me smile but sending you a virtual hug for that. @Bubbsie I know you work hard sohope you get the coffee supplies topped up quick. @Goonergal enjoy the extra day will make for a very short week when you go back. @Ziggy2017 hope you are feeling better, cold out there, stay warm.
@PatsyB hope you have got on top of your virus. @Emma_369 great numbers especially after long flight and holiday. @DJC3 hope your leaking chimney holds I need to get roofer back but its been dry for over a week and I neec real proof!
Have a good day everyone. Stay well, stay safe and within range.