Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I’m ok thanks FG

Last week (in between Christmas and New Year) little puppy Banger went to sleep and never woke up again

Oh no, heartbreaking. Liked in sympathy. The grief for an animal is as rending as for a human. I’m so sorry.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Woke with a high BG today.
I am putting it down to the stress of having to work today after an amazing 2 weeks away.
I have hundreds of emails to read and I am trying to build up the enthusiasm to do so.

One of the disadvantages of working from home is the lack of colleagues to chat about the Christmas break with for the first morning back.

Ho hum - I'll try to look forward to the gym (for the first time in over 2 weeks) once I finish work.
Unlike @therower my gym is walking/running distance so I have no excuse about scraping ice from the car windscreen although it is certainly warmer in than out.
Hi @helensaramay, the challenge of change, expressed in the Yerkes-Dodson curve, where stress leads to an increase in performance to a point where increasing stress further leads to a fall in performance. As an engineer I am sure you see the parallels to principles of load and stress. (And is it Young's modulus)?? But nobody back then put diabetes into the equation!!
Perhaps a percentage increase in basal rate of insulin per x number of emails to be read and answered?
Exercise to improve plasticity under load? (with an expired credit card to scrape the ice off the windscreen)?
Music to set up pleasant, stress- free harmonics ? A funny movie or songs playing as one works? "Always look on the bright side of life" ? Requisite caffeine or herbal remedy to disperse stress fractures and ? chocolate to heal them?? I would draw the line on talking to an A1 like Siri, but you could try karaoke ? You can talk to yourself (just make sure you do not answer yourself back)!! Work is a 4 letter word but it occupies us, provides a challenge, puts (add suitable food here) on the table, does cause us to interact with others and gives added impetus to the forces and balances involved in wall climbing!! Best Wishes!!!

With best of intentions................all industrial design has holes in it............and when do we accept an impasse??
IMG_3613 (1).jpg .......................................P9090566.jpg ......................................................IMG_3010.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cumberland

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Greeting fellow colanders and happy new year to one and all

Back to salt mines again this morning. - 5 this morning, so took a while to scrape the car and drive to work. Schools still off so roads are quiet.

Even work is quiet, only had 4 emails to deal with when i first came in which took less than 10 mins to sort out. Did not do much for the next few hours, but emails now starting to come through, now sitting with about 20 to action

BG behaving sort of, nice BG of 6.1 when i woke, but my usual mid morning spike around 10 am to 11.1 now back at a decent 6.2.

Not seen Aquaman, as I hate the cinema, however family have been and say it is fantastic
Hi @smc4761, being a salt mine, do you keep a canary in the office??

Reactions: Cumberland

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
@hh1 sympathies re the sciatica. It’s a devil of a pain.
It’s interesting listening to everyone talk about going back to work. I am retired, going on 3 and a bit years now and have to say I have not missed it one bit. Though I loved my job. Life is very busy (too busy at times) but does have a certain routine about it. Was itching to get going yesterday, so as hubby was out notching up the birds I took down all the decs and packed them away. Then blitzed the downstairs. Blitzing upstairs today. Back to grandson duties, gardening and swim training next week. Then at the end of month parents for a while when mum has knee replacement. Add in food shopping, litter picking and meetings, there is absolutely no time to go out to work.
The fly in the appointment has been sugar levels. Sky high! New basal today so hoping for a result. Fit as a fiddle and pretty strict eating and no alcohol for last few days and still high grr!
Hi @ becca 69, Yes I know that retired experience as well ! Hopefully to exercise of blitzing the house will pay if with lower BSL. Or perhaps doing the work to your favourite music will do the BSLs good, complete with choreography !!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Well the car is now clear so the gym kit is on and...................oh hang on................its lunch time :hilarious:

On a side note brain gone to mush and having another roller coaster day :banghead: Just managing to keep on top of things but still it's one of those, moon in the cusp of Uranus, wrong socks on, odd colour socks on, day is brass monkys etc days.:arghh:
Hi @Knikki, I believe the Japanese use biorhythm readings to decide when a worker should and should not work. There - you have another reason (excuse) for a day off!!!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Frosty morning to you all :)
Back to work AGAIN for me, never get too many days off when in the motor industry :grumpy::grumpy:
Woke to an 8 this morning and slowly rising, time for another correction dose and look at my morning ratios
Looks like its the morning of high(ish( BGs this morning

@Mel dCP what was Aquaman like?
Ah !! @porl69, that 'back to work' stress thingy. Time is the best healer - hang in there !!!

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
It looks like hi bs was a theme for most yesterday morning. Me too. Didn’t attach my pump to my body and the line for the tubing must’ve wrapped around a pillow, and then pulled out the infusion set. Found it detached. Based on the correction dose, I’d probably yanked it out 4 hours earlier.

The failure didn’t make for a good start, but it was obvious and fixable. And I’d pulled my numbers back in line after working the trainer.

I was kind of curious about feedback for aquaman too. Is it worthy?

I would also love feedback on Dumbo, which is coming out. I need to know what kind of tear jerker it is.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
The diabetes fairy sprinkled her golden wand over me last night, awoke on 6.6 :happy:
EE:mad: the engineer didn't turn up, so I rang EE, the adviser I spoke to on Sunday didn't process the appointment corectly, hence, no appointment!!. Now it seems the fault is my landline and the fault is outside, not my router or copper wiring. I am not happy at all, So it looks like I might tell EE where to shove their upgrade.

@Cumberland, so sorry to read about your beloved dog, sending a BIG ((((((( HUG ))))))))x

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kev-w

Morning all yes back in the salt mines as well and will probably need a canary as this place will stink, it normally does :hilarious:

On a side note anyone seen @kev-w lately?

@kev-w hasn't been around a for a couple of weeks, has he. His family did expand in 2018, so he may have had a busy Christmas and New Year, hopefully we'll hear from him soon.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I haven't got much to say today, yesterday was the most productive day I've had for a while, there must be something about the ending of the year that reduces my productivity levels.

Blood sugar was reasonably well behaved last night, and everything was nice and boring. Boring is great when it comes to T1D.