Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Overnight hypo, woke the husband by talking wildly about Google being in my brain! Anyway he asked if I was OK so I tested and sorted. Child has been giggling wildly at the story of Global tech giant probing mum’s brain.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Diakat . Good to have you back in the land of normality.
Hope you’re not feeling to rough.
What is it with diabetic/ insulin induced hypos? Guess that would be a totally different discussion for us.
Take care and have a good day.

Reactions: Cumberland and hh1

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Kind people I hope this covers everyone who have comforted me with kind words regarding puppy Banger

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart

He passed away over the festive season and I didn’t come on here until after New Year had passed

We are thinking about another pup but maybe a few months down the line

Thanks once again dear friends

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Overnight hypo, woke the husband by talking wildly about Google being in my brain! / Child has been giggling wildly at the story of Global tech giant probing mum’s brain.

So that's why Google has been down since last night then! :hilarious:

Some sort of pasta dish last night, seem to have handled it fairly well, but had to do a correction before going to bed and thought I'd add just an extra unit on as the pasta tail will still be working it's magic - 3.8 this morning.

K

Knikki

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Why this system wont? I have no idea Microsoft error messages are so much Mel's cat it is not true ~sigh~

Talking of which hey @Mel dCP How did the yoga go? did try it once and the amount of 'gas' :hilarious: released was amusing.

Oh BSL is BS anyway sensor change tonight.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone, changed sensor Tuesday night, it's slowly getting a bit more reliable, but mostly reading too low, except, of course, yesterday morning, when I had a hypo, and it was reading higher than the fingerprick test. But that feels more like the normal relationship.

Yesterday, during the day, was very hypoey, so I've reduced the day time levemir today. I think maybe I find Christmas, and the New Year stressful, in some way, that I don't really understand. It's as if everything stops, and I get quite frustrated by that. I know other people enjoy that, but it seems that maybe it annoys me a bit more than I realised.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all
Woke to a 7 this morning but rising to an 11 again today. Will have to change my morning ratio I think
I think my Tresiba is running out on me at around 9 PM, Bloods are fine for tea and 3 hours after but around 3 1/2 hours after food my BGs start rising. I only have 13 units of Tresiba and am thinking it could be that. Have altered my ratios in the evening over the last 5 days with various different effects.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, higher start to the day than I'd've liked at 8.8, partly due to not correcting enough last night when it rose to 15 almost 3 hours after eating having seemed to settle at a very tidy 7. So @porl69 I get the frustration about bg rising after you'd expect from eating. It's been happening to me this past week when not much else has chnaged and I don't get it. Needed to change both basal and bolus vials last night so fingers crossed that makes a difference.

@Diakat I'm with @therower all the way on how to deal with today ;) hope you feel better soon.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Why this system wont? I have no idea Microsoft error messages are so much Mel's cat it is not true ~sigh~

Talking of which hey @Mel dCP How did the yoga go? did try it once and the amount of 'gas' :hilarious: released was amusing.

Oh BSL is BS anyway sensor change tonight.
Yoga was good! Managed not to flatulate, although doing things lying in my front was a tad uncomfortable with my current pod being on the front of my thigh. I’m not sure there’s anywhere that’s not going to get in the way, so I’ll just have to live with it. Needed to take a small correction halfway through as I hit mid 7s and climbing. Had a fish curry for dinner when I got home, which was 10g carb and a lot of protein, so I just did an extended dose for the protein and let the IOB soak up the carbs. Seemed to have worked ok, as I had an undisturbed night and woke up at 5.6 :) On CFR call tonight, I wonder what the evening will bring? Probably another two hour job five minutes before I log off :D

Wishing you all a happy Friday ♥️

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Oh Diakat, these hypo-realities are too disconcerting for comfort: post-hypo prescription is a day on the sofa while ‘normal’ reality reinstated.
My most recent hypo-dream involved gently running my car into a wall, having all debit cards stolen from my purse and picking a fight when even I knew I was in the wrong. Half way through I had the wit to know it a cliche when I wished it were only a dream. Mel’s Cat to adrenaline dreams.
Anyone else left feeling all perception’s just a matter of endocrine balance?

K

Knikki

Your relationship with software hasn't improved over the Christmas break, then?

No but also added into the mix is hardware as well this time ~sigh~

Good morning all
Woke to a 7 this morning but rising to an 11 again today. Will have to change my morning ratio I think
I think my Tresiba is running out on me at around 9 PM, Bloods are fine for tea and 3 hours after but around 3 1/2 hours after food my BGs start rising. I only have 13 units of Tresiba and am thinking it could be that. Have altered my ratios in the evening over the last 5 days with various different effects.

I ended up moving my Tresiba to first thing in the morning to try and stop the morning rise, however because of what I eat for breakfast I do get a spike but it is easier to catch now.

One reason I moved mine was to stop the really, really night time lows I was getting, it is way better now.

Think @kev-w moved his Tresiba to lunchtime but I am not sure if he still does that.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh Diakat, these hypo-realities are too disconcerting for comfort: post-hypo prescription is a day on the sofa while ‘normal’ reality reinstated.
My most recent hypo-dream involved gently running my car into a wall, having all debit cards stolen from my purse and picking a fight when even I knew I was in the wrong. Half way through I had the wit to know it a cliche when I wished it were only a dream. Mel’s Cat to adrenaline dreams.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...............I don't have weird things happen to my brain when I'm hypo, that's usually when my blood sugar is normal. Low blood sugars make me quite sensible. :(

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
No but also added into the mix is hardware as well this time ~sigh~

I ended up moving my Tresiba to first thing in the morning to try and stop the morning rise, however because of what I eat for breakfast I do get a spike but it is easier to catch now.

One reason I moved mine was to stop the really, really night time lows I was getting, it is way better now.

Think @kev-w moved his Tresiba to lunchtime but I am not sure if he still does that.

Thinking of moving Tresiba to the morning will be a good idea.
Pump needs to hurry up and get here lol :)

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Fairygodmother, sometimes the adrenaline rush preceding the brain fuzz is filled with wonderful ideas, inventions and amazing revelations, which sadly melt in the light of normal daylight and a return to full sanity. But one of these days, who knows I might invent something which works!!
Brain fuzz experience for me seems like repetitive dreams or thoughts, fragmented and not remembered in detail. The dullness and headache afterwards is the worse part.
I have heard that excess thyroid hormone makes people jittery and speed up a bit, Steroids can cause paranoia and loss of reality.
Sex hormones, 'nuff said.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon! Madam is behaving quite well, just had a big bowl of prawns, avocado and a sweet chilli dressing made from soya yogurt instead of my usual mayonnaise (trying to shed some lard). Little bit of insulin (0.2u) up front, and 0.75u over two hours for the prawns. Let’s see how it behaves - shouldn’t be hungry on my shift this evening. I’m not getting such big adrenaline spikes when a call comes through now, so fingers crossed for smooth sailing!

I don’t remember any weird dreams with night hypos, quite disappointed now :(

@helensaramay - do you think yoga is likely to raise or lower BG?