What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 this morning. Very chilly am off to Kent today back tomo to visit my friend recovering from cancer. Am packing Burford Browns and a bag of spinach for our supper. Hope everyone has a good day.
Stay well, safe and in control.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. When the alarm went off I actually starting cursing at myself for setting it on a Sunday - oh the wave of disappointment that hit me when the reality of it being Tuesday finally set in.
5.3 for me which is the threshold for fbg (for me) that I count as acceptable but knew it would be around this as ate very late last night. Have a good day all

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi SueJB apologies if I wasn’t clear and maybe I am incorrect. The doctors have said to me they are not really sure if I am type 1 as they felt that if I was not on insulin, then my bloods would be higher than present (I.e in the 20s or higher. Of course, I am aware type 1’s manage to control it and not get to those levels all the time. Hope that makes sense!

Managed to get slightly better fasting results today - got 11.9 which is the lowest it’s been in 2 weeks (although still too high!).

And funnily enough that was with eating a chocolate coin before bed - I know seems a bit odd. A type 1 my mum knows recommended trying to have a little something before bed to give the pancreas something to work on over night. Not sure if it would work but it is the best result I’ve had in 2 weeks so maybe it did ..... on the other hand it could just be a fluke lol!
@SB.25, think I understand. When I was diagnosed, my BG was 14.7 but I think it was the ketones that frightened my doctor. 5.1. I was eating almost zero carbs and he obviously thought I was starving myself. I felt great. I was put on insulin immediately which I think was wrong and to this day I still think I'm in denial about being T1
I manage my BG more through low carb eating although I do have to inject a background (basal) insulin. I think it'd be interesting to see what would happen if I stopped that.

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
@SB.25, think I understand. When I was diagnosed, my BG was 14.7 but I think it was the ketones that frightened my doctor. 5.1. I was eating almost zero carbs and he obviously thought I was starving myself. I felt great. I was put on insulin immediately which I think was wrong and to this day I still think I'm in denial about being T1
I manage my BG more through low carb eating although I do have to inject a background (basal) insulin. I think it'd be interesting to see what would happen if I stopped that.

Sorry to hear how you feel. My bloods on diagnosis were 18 (hba1c 103) but no ketones. I’ve already been put on long lasting insulin after only 2 months (which clearly isn’t helping me in the mornings lol). I had tried low carb and that didn’t really effect the numbers...

We just have to keep our heads up and not let our stupid pancreases beat us! :)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

new oil tank arrives this afternoon, then we just have to wait for the heating engineer to come to swap the tanks over, couldn't make make an appt. with him until we know the tank is safely here. Hopefully before the end of the week normal service will be resumed ;)

Thankfully the wind has dropped a bit this morning and it isn't currently raining :) may get a walk in shortly, I need to get a phone top up voucher for mum.

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. When the alarm went off I actually starting cursing at myself for setting it on a Sunday - oh the wave of disappointment that hit me when the reality of it being Tuesday finally set in.
5.3 for me which is the threshold for fbg (for me) that I count as acceptable but knew it would be around this as ate very late last night. Have a good day all
FB_IMG_1546765513404.jpg

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
7.3 for me today. Another assessment with DN tomorrow, will see what that brings. Hope everyone is doing well, I have been on the missing list a bit probably because of Christmas and New Year. That being said, my blood sugars have been pretty good throughout that time. Have a lovely day.