What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

M

Member496333

Good morning campers. Wishing you all good fortunes with your testing today. I’m sure there will be as many frowns as there will be elated smiles. Tick tock...eyes gazing down in trepidation at the countdown to “beep”. We all know that feeling, and I hope a smile awaits most of us at the end of that agonising 5-10 second wait :nurse:

Miserable day but the sun is shining above the clouds. Have a great weekend everyone! :woot:

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke up on a 10.5 this morning which is the lowest I’ve been since I got diagnosed in the mornings. Perhaps the increased insulin is beginning to work :) - lets hope so....

(I know this is still way too high but got to be happy for some progress!)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just watched the video of your interview. What struck me was the downsides that people seem to fixate upon. Like you, I get comments about such things as cholesterol, but mine have always been fine. I love your comment on some foods being “fillers” , great way to think about it. Good luck to your mum, I wish I could persuade my mother in law to do similar.
Just watched the video and @shelley262 gave a clear and articulate outline of the benefits to her of LCHF. There are other members who are also very strong advocates and have made amazing progress.
Some of us do not/will not see such great results but nonetheless have a basic level of management. The aim of this post is twofold. Firstly, to congratulate/support the strong advocates of this WOE. Secondly, to support those who, like me, have some doubts and limited success. Some may not ever feel quite so comfortable with this WOE or recognise all those positive feelings but that is OK. There are still real benefits and we are all different. We won't all have those kind of results or wholly positive feelings but LC will benefit us all - just to different degrees and with varying pleasure. Us JAMs need a JAMspirtional stories section:angelic:

Last edited:

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Woke up on a 10.5 this morning which is the lowest I’ve been since I got diagnosed in the mornings. Perhaps the increased insulin is beginning to work :) - lets hope so....

(I know this is still way too high but got to be happy for some progress!)
Progress it is. Keep at it, you will be in single figures in no time. Been there, know how depressing those higher readings can be.

P x

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
7.1 this morning. Had a bit of a workout with some weights last night on my 'sofa gym'! Hard doing any exercise that gets me puffed because I have cardiomyopathy, but seated low weights high reps with hand weights and ankle weights seem to give me a bit of a workout without leaving me puffing and uncomfortable. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. Off out to pick up my insulin now!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 this morning. Had a bit of a workout with some weights last night on my 'sofa gym'! Hard doing any exercise that gets me puffed because I have cardiomyopathy, but seated low weights high reps with hand weights and ankle weights seem to give me a bit of a workout without leaving me puffing and uncomfortable. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. Off out to pick up my insulin now!
Sofa gym sounds perfect. We aren't all Joe Wicks. Probably should have called this JAMuary:angelic:

Reactions: HarryBeau

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

Very well done @Chronicle_Cat it's a great feeling isn't it? :happy: but the reactions can be unexpected ;)
Mum found her old camera the other day and there were some photos of mr. gee and I on it. It had somewhat faded from my mind how much I have changed and just how big I used to be before I was diagnosed. Perhaps I should do a new avatar pic too?

It's pretty windy today here but we shall have to go out and do some shopping for the weekend so perhaps a walk later :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Sofa gym sounds perfect. We aren't all Joe Wicks. Probably should have called this JAMuary:angelic:
It has to be said I do sit on a dining chair for the leg work. But I keep the weights under the lid of the footstool of the sofa.....so I suppose that qualifies it as 'sofa gym' :)

JAM is my middle name sometimes!

Reactions: HarryBeau

Sandra19440

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine was 5.3 which I'm happy with. I've had two cups of coffee but I drink it black and non-sweetened so I don't think it affects my bg much.

Brekkie will be cheesy scrambled egg on 1 small slice of toast, and more coffee.

Then dash off to retinal scan clinic, which thankfully they hold at my GP surgery just down the road.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
afternoon lovely people

Nice little lie in this morning.
scores were 5.3.
4 day in a row i've woken up in hawaii land,
if wasn't for one blip that would have made 7 days straight...:D

been busy all week, so a little shout out...

liking the 'can do' mentality @Providence 62

and @shelley262 @Debandez @bulkbiker ...great work on the video/interviews...Loved the honesty and my god,
you all look so 'Vibrant'..( i almost said alive, ...but ya know what i mean..;) )

Congrats to @Chronicle_Cat ..liking the new avatar..fantastic results
and Respect to @Emma_369 .wonderful effort,

Enjoy your weekends, @Charis1213 @Goonergal

Hugs and best wishes out to @SB.25 @Patrick66 @karen8967 @PatsyB @Goacher55
may today and tonight be a more peaceful affair.

And welcome @Sandra19440 :)

Congrats to all who turned in an acceptable score for themselves today, long may it continue.

and @rhubarb73 am also liking the poetry,

and you've inspired me, with a little bit of gallows humour

+++++++++

the doctor said, you should be dead
your not.. so go on living
eat bread and jam, and skip the ham
that meat is not forgiving

Your type 2, here's what to do
take all the pills i'm giving
eat what you like forget the spike
ignore advice others keep on giving

it's bad advice, so just play nice,
and do as i've been saying
can't fund the golf, or buy new cars
if patients don't keep paying.

You must buy the meds until your dead
these words don't bring me joy
but think less of you and more of me
and those that we employ,

the pharma guys and all those boffins
need you to keep on taking,
the pills and meds until your dead
and resting in that coffin.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Afteringnoon all
Overslept, then lay in, then almighty panic sets in, pills to take etc.
A perfect 8.9 for me on the meter.
Jobs set by Mrs J to complete.
Have a great day folks. My mates chaos and mayhem are popping round this afternoon.
Tip. It's not a good idea to hire traffic warden costumes, then go round the local bus depot writing false parking tickets.......

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I think I am a JAM ....theres no irony in choosing something forbidden to us!! I’m starting to think FBG and HBA1c are not as important as I first thought. Its what happens around food. For example I could have a nasty spike after lunch most days but it might not affect either test. I am commited to this woe but all is not what it seems despite application. Do you agree?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I think I am a JAM ....theres no irony in choosing something forbidden to us!! I’m starting to think FBG and HBA1c are not as important as I first thought. Its what happens around food. For example I could have a nasty spike after lunch most days but it might not affect either test. I am commited to this woe but all is not what it seems despite application. Do you agree?
@PenguinMum I think the FBG and HBA1C have their place in that they have "currency". A more pithy post than my first one may have said my own, and I suspect many other people's, "lived experience" of this WOE is a long way from that one. People should not be surprised or dismayed if their own experience differs somewhat from that video. It is something I definitely have to tolerate in the main. This WOE is like exercise really IMHO. Some enjoy it and thrive, others just do it knowing it is for the best. Are we on the same page?

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
afternoon lovely people

Nice little lie in this morning.
scores were 5.3.
4 day in a row i've woken up in hawaii land,
if wasn't for one blip that would have made 7 days straight...:D

been busy all week, so a little shout out...

liking the 'can do' mentality @Providence 62

and @shelley262 @Debandez @bulkbiker ...great work on the video/interviews...Loved the honesty and my god,
you all look so 'Vibrant'..( i almost said alive, ...but ya know what i mean..;) )

Congrats to @Chronicle_Cat ..liking the new avatar..fantastic results
and Respect to @Emma_369 .wonderful effort,

Enjoy your weekends, @Charis1213 @Goonergal

Hugs and best wishes out to @SB.25 @Patrick66 @karen8967 @PatsyB @Goacher55
may today and tonight be a more peaceful affair.

And welcome @Sandra19440 :)

Congrats to all who turned in an acceptable score for themselves today, long may it continue.

and @rhubarb73 am also liking the poetry,

and you've inspired me, with a little bit of gallows humour

+++++++++

the doctor said, you should be dead
your not.. so go on living
eat bread and jam, and skip the ham
that meat is not forgiving

Your type 2, here's what to do
take all the pills i'm giving
eat what you like forget the spike
ignore advice others keep on giving

it's bad advice, so just play nice,