What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who will avoid the media today, don't you just love speculation followed by pretend shock.
A 6.5 for me this morning. Well under 10 so quite happy with that.

Well folks I don't know what you're doing today, but my day is planned. Whatever and wherever enjoy it, not forgetting to bark at the postman, chase the odd car and howl at next doors cat. Must go shoes to shine, one brown one and one black one hehehehe

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 which is no doubt a reflection of feeling a little peckish at 10.45 last night and making a coffee with cream and enjoying it with 4 small pieces of choccy. A new one I spotted whilst away in the Lake District. Made with Stevia but obviously not as BS friendly as I had anticipated! It was really nice though!!

EDIT

PR team have contacted me, they wanted to update me on the Birmingham videos. These are all being used as part of The Low Carb Program – they are being used on social media, the blog, as trailer videos and the case studies are also being used as Low Carb Champions to inspire new people to sign up! They have done an amazing job with these videos. Especially mine as I was a bumbling idiot on the day!

'If anyone who contributed to the Birmingham videos would like access to The Low Carb Program just let me know and I can organise some codes for you' from Natalie. Any one wanting a code needs to make contact. I've asked for one this morning.

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am super-depressed and anxious because I have my A1C checkup appointment tomorrow with the doctor I haven't seen since last summer because she was out on medical leave for a few months. I have no reason to be scared -- my weight is down, I haven't gained back any that I lost, and I like this doctor and she seems to like me. The volunteer driver scheduled to take me sounded nice on the phone when he called me on Saturday, and I have a list of things I want to ask Doc about, like eye exams and transport options.

But I didn't eat very well over Christmas, and even though her goal for my FBG was 7.2 last summer, it's now higher than I think it should be - usually in the sixes or high fives. I'm not consciously nervous, but I can tell that I am, because after breakfast I took a long nap and I'm not hungry, just craving chocolate.

I did try to find something about Brexit on TV this morning but all I saw was about our gov't shutdown. Sometimes it seems we're the country that thinks it's an island.

Don’t worry being in the high fives is still a much better number than you started out with , I guess it is down in the prediabetic levelView attachment 30674

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
6.5 today. The insulin levels must be more or less right now. Very very pleased. Still got one more glicazide to remove and then I am just on insulin. Busy day for me with the vote and all. Hope everyone, vote-watchers and otherwise, has a wonderful day.

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
6.5 today. The insulin levels must be more or less right now. Very very pleased. Still got one more glicazide to remove and then I am just on insulin. Busy day for me with the vote and all. Hope everyone, vote-watchers and otherwise, has a wonderful day.
I’m hoping I get my insulin doses resolved soon! It’s very encouraging to hear of people getting things sorted in the end :)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

looking a bit grey here but it's quite mild so we may go out for lunch since we spent time chopping bits of tree yesterday and walking mum's dog :)

@ianpspurs we have a chainsaw but it's pretty heavy and we find the Black and Decker 'alligator' very handy for many jobs. It's a small electric chainsaw like a big pair of jawed scissors. If you're canny with it you can do quite reasonable sized jobs.
We took down all the fallen branch that was resting on the fence, it broke one fence post so we'll have to replace that. We also did major trimming on a laurel that was reaching out over the fence. Lots more stuff to trim back in stages along the fence bit by bit.
Now we have to finish dragging the bits back to the main area, chop off the small stuff and cut the thicker bits into pieces for mum's woodburner. That's a job for another day ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We have a long road ahead! But the more of us that get their stories across and out into the media I feel the more they will have to listen. I can send you our inspirational stories booklet and lots of other stuff if you PM me your email. For your appointment. Powerful stuff!

@Debandez you did send to me several weeks ago :) I'm taking them in to my doctor when I see her for my followup hba1c this afternoon. :)

BTW, 5.3 on my meter this morning.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 for me this morning.

We have a long road ahead! But the more of us that get their stories across and out into the media I feel the more they will have to listen. I can send you our inspirational stories booklet and lots of other stuff if you PM me your email. For your appointment. Powerful stuff!

@Debandez you did send me this info several weeks ago. :) I'm taking it into my doctor this afternoon when I see her for the results of my followup hba1c.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez you did send to me several weeks ago :) I'm taking them in to my doctor when I see her for my followup hba1c this afternoon. :)

BTW, 5.3 on my meter this morning.
I thought I might have, just wanted to make sure you were fully armed haha :) good luck. Hope it's a very positive appointment.

Reactions: Chronicle_Cat

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone! 5.5 for me first thing. Happy with that. I am beginning to see consistent numbers below 6, first thing in the morning. Early days yet for a conclusion... But..Being mainly a carnivore for the past 3 months now, is certainly bearing fruits! Will shall see? You all have a good day!

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope my insulin levels are stable now as my morning reading was 5.9 . My A1c is in a few weeks and i am really hoping that has dropped . It was 105 in November , so fingers crossed .

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to post here this morning, it was 6.6. Much higher than I’d like but I expect it went even higher as I dropped Mr C at the station to get the train back to Cornwall then my car wouldn’t start so had to call the AA to get back home. Glad I got dressed first - as its only a 15 min drive I nearly went out in my pjs!

@SB.25 I hope the walk helped and your bg is back down again.
@Roulis well done, it’s great that you are seeing the benefits now.

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Forgot to post here this morning, it was 6.6. Much higher than I’d like but I expect it went even higher as I dropped Mr C at the station to get the train back to Cornwall then my car wouldn’t start so had to call the AA to get back home. Glad I got dressed first - as its only a 15 min drive I nearly went out in my pjs!

@SB.25 I hope the walk helped and your bg is back down again.
@Roulis well done, it’s great that you are seeing the benefits now.
I managed to get down to 10 which is still too high, but better than 14 so got to be a bit pleased. I had to eat a small bit of breakfast as I needed to take my tablets. L Will walk again at lunch to bring down further.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 which is no doubt a reflection of feeling a little peckish at 10.45 last night and making a coffee with cream and enjoying it with 4 small pieces of choccy. A new one I spotted whilst away in the Lake District. Made with Stevia but obviously not as BS friendly as I had anticipated! It was really nice though!!

EDIT

PR team have contacted me, they wanted to update me on the Birmingham videos. These are all being used as part of The Low Carb Program – they are being used on social media, the blog, as trailer videos and the case studies are also being used as Low Carb Champions to inspire new people to sign up! They have done an amazing job with these videos. Especially mine as I was a bumbling idiot on the day!

'If anyone who contributed to the Birmingham videos would like access to The Low Carb Program just let me know and I can organise some codes for you' from Natalie. Any one wanting a code needs to make contact. I've asked for one this morning.
Iwas lucky enough to start low carb program when it was free and for life! so have sign up access already but thankyou for letting us know @Debandez